Reef nutrition

Other hobbies

Kremis

Supporting Member
Screen Shot 2022-05-11 at 2.38.16 PM.png

Kremis

Supporting Member
@Kremis Is that at Fish Ranch Road? The view kinda looks familiar
No this was in santa barbara, I do drive around up there sometimes though.
Nice e9X! What specs?
the troublesome but fun... 335i. Gonna work on some mods when im home this summer. Had to take care of a lot of maintenance items already. Gaskets, HPFP, injectors, water pump, hoses, etc etc

Piper

Supporting Member
Oh man. I’ve always wanted a metal cnc machine. So cool.
I’m slowly working on building a larger one in the garage that’s a little more robust than my desktop unit now. It’ll be able to cut aluminum no problem but probably not much more than that. I would like to make a CNC plasma table down the road though.

Klatzy

Supporting Member
Ultimate frisbee, biking, and windsurfing are my other hobbies. @Vhuang168 @Chromis There's a new campground area called Dumbarton Quarry next to the Coyote Hills Region park. It's new and relatively unknown and has relatively large field to fly a kite ($6 park fee). Alameda Crown Memorial beach is often windy (it's common place to see Kite surfers and windsurfers. Has some nice open area but can be crowded in the summer.

phatduckk

Supporting Member
I used to be huge into music. A decade ago I was probably at a rock club 3-5 nights a week. Had tons of friends in bands, I was always in bands etc.

I still have something like 20 or 30 guitars. Lost count plus I’ll randomly sell one here & there.

But now I’m old and have RSI so I can’t play too much & have started to get bad.

WAR5150

Supporting Member
I used to be huge into music. A decade ago I was probably at a rock club 3-5 nights a week. Had tons of friends in bands, I was always in bands etc.

I still have something like 20 or 30 guitars. Lost count plus I’ll randomly sell one here & there.

But now I’m old and have RSI so I can’t play too much & have started to get bad.
20 or 30? I thought my 8 or 9 was a lot lol

thesassyindian

Supporting Member
  • UAVs - design and build autonomous UAVs for research and commercial applications
  • RC - Building and Flying Drones / fixed wing / helis
  • Mechatronics - building custom electromechanical systems for everyday stuff, now including the reefing hobby :)
  • Photography - Aerial, landscape, astro and wildlife
  • 3D printing - for everything above :p

Although I haven't done much lately, I like bass fishing; Lake Merced in SF has a few lunkers there; my personal best 13 and 1 oz, previous to that one, a 9 pounder back in 1990. Fly fishing and spinning for trout. Got a pole and reel for salmon but it hasn't happened yet. No saltwater since that mens gear specific for the environment plus I get really seasick.
Camping but life is busy and family is not that into roughing it out.
...and my old car.

IOnceWasLegend

Secretary
BOD
Cooking is a big one, and I've been working at perfecting my brisket and tweaking beef and rib rubs. I'll sorta lump baking and homebrewing beer in this; though it's been a few years since my last batch since, when I get back into brewing, I want to do all-grain again and do it right.

Creative writing. Poetry, prose, and everything in between. One of my favorite pieces over the past couple years was a short article titled, "Building a better wizard through gene editing" which blends my science background with my love of the Harry Potter universe.

Music. I'm not a great guitarist, but I love playing both guitar and drums, particularly anything with a beat that requires a double bass pedal.

When we actually have the space for it, I want to get into woodworking and/or (preferably 'and') blacksmithing. I've grown really fond of DIY projects and would like to move that to 'artistic/crafting' as opposed to 'just fixing stuff around the home'.

Da_Neefer

Supporting Member
Cooking is a big one, and I've been working at perfecting my brisket and tweaking beef and rib rubs. I'll sorta lump baking and homebrewing beer in this; though it's been a few years since my last batch since, when I get back into brewing, I want to do all-grain again and do it right.

Creative writing. Poetry, prose, and everything in between. One of my favorite pieces over the past couple years was a short article titled, "Building a better wizard through gene editing" which blends my science background with my love of the Harry Potter universe.

Music. I'm not a great guitarist, but I love playing both guitar and drums, particularly anything with a beat that requires a double bass pedal.

When we actually have the space for it, I want to get into woodworking and/or (preferably 'and') blacksmithing. I've grown really fond of DIY projects and would like to move that to 'artistic/crafting' as opposed to 'just fixing stuff around the home'.

Maybe I should sponsor a few hours of blacksmithing time for BAR when I need to move the new tank upgrade into place? :)

CaseyP

Supporting Member
Fishing and camping/backpacking/hiking, though I haven't been able to get out much in the last year since having my first kid. I also enjoy home DIY renovation so have done everything from tiling bathrooms to building cabinetry.

For fishing I typically do saltwater. We rent skiffs out of Capitola or kayak out of Monterey for lingcod and rockfish. When I lived closer to the coast I did a lot of surf fishing for striped bass. In the winter I'll target trout in the reservoirs. This last Saturday I was able to negotiate with the wife for a guy's day out, so we chartered a guide in the Sacramento delta. Got my limit of eating sized ones ~22" and also caught (and released) my personal best at 42"!
VV5_SPyyiaodRWfSlv8-BMy1CZHdrlVvuez-rNNplcDLFw6jY2nVwsZq-A1Kw_sXulrKBgZWpPuEQm7EiJSUtIzf0JaM7KpzHU9uWmlbaotqVXBtCLPAhOJbXHyKhub4V4siiJLwLLF7yb1EI6xboMe0pQ6BEHUvWspyMZpcK5Wq9Fjv-C2tHW4I5Tp5DBeF7wkv1mEWVFfjK3XMueIBgsVnivxlPtwRZ1rDzg15Lg2mbyH8j_NbUlw1prtNBxTALwGUAdvgeNEoiGQyIRIFAclsFhrii2VjZcslSWvb1DZkUT6o8cnbxRLGdgrQIn3kqWVW7T6flT_H-bbycJUEgAJ6qsShidkfeJ8PFejbG56fNmNIJ4gvChOKcC_DhRBixLM-z42LVqV8MNccvkn4LyrbZ7bqxJxWW4FGPKG8Ux2hrpWbWA5v-dxh6cVllrcELZF_-i_1EgMOAdj449UMj7YILqEO9aYWHdHH2yVlc-rCJBNuEK4RaCG6H7C3Mv4xVHv6G0gMYdRwYJnYKjXQl86IObdDD-5GYeahlJ5BLXig9Ei7aussbSdHChYL7HQ3eZqgiAcFKmkJExLaNEbDqleaBihjZYmQioG96lb9dSFFHoJYJQgFrHp-ZUovTLrgocyK8GSgDm-8mn1pUWqlzFArOLwW4zqCkv69D4XwrkVI6EWJgOSPnAM_GTHtoE5QNd6fEc0s34c1F-HgA1WR__6w7iIS51CmheTdqEiaWOP5xYdekGOtmLAFl3Ai5MdAy9cg39CUziKQvpYyIMoEE1HOXZUTFf16oE0=w706-h937-no

Last summer was my last backpacking trip in the Cathedral Lakes area of Yosemite. On trips I'll always carry my ultralight rod to throw spoons for trout.
DSCF1979.jpg
PXL_20210925_002701702.PORTRAIT.jpg