got ethical husbandry?

Power ... again

As of now the fish look all alive - saw my wrasse wake up from the sand. Haven’t seen the gem tang but hope he’s hanging in the rock work because the room is pitch dark. The heater draws so much juice!!!! Hopefully I can get the tank up to 74 or so and then recharge the ecoflow to give it a heat boost that will get me to tomorrow

I might run to Costco and see if they have a large electric generator before there is a run and charge to get me through the night. Then return it this weekend - thank god for Costco!

My ecoflow can run the cor20 for 12+ hrs but that damn heater!

Best of luck to everyone!

As of now the fish look all alive - saw my wrasse wake up from the sand. Haven’t seen the gem tang but hope he’s hanging in the rock work because the room is pitch dark. The heater draws so much juice!!!! Hopefully I can get the tank up to 74 or so and then recharge the ecoflow to give it a heat boost that will get me to tomorrow

I might run to Costco and see if they have a large electric generator before there is a run and charge to get me through the night. Then return it this weekend - thank god for Costco!

My ecoflow can run the cor20 for 12+ hrs but that damn heater!

Best of luck to everyone!
Hey Marvin, I am at SF Costco and I see this. Call ur local Costco to see if they have this item number. Best luck to everyone. Power outage sucks for this hobby. Sorry for everyone that have to go thru it.

Attachments

• 778982B1-2254-41D6-BE10-628D53738FBC.jpeg
    778982B1-2254-41D6-BE10-628D53738FBC.jpeg
    133.4 KB · Views: 95
  • 079887D5-AD9A-4964-959A-5C73D92B0AC1.jpeg
    079887D5-AD9A-4964-959A-5C73D92B0AC1.jpeg
    177.8 KB · Views: 89
Yeah all I have is a battery powered airstone and power been off for 18hr at this point. Temp is down to 69. Getting worried

Put in an order for 3 powerwalls, let’s see when I can get it.
Powerwalls saved me again, definitely recommended.

I thought they were only doing PW installs with new solar systems now. At least that’s what they told me a few months ago when I inquired about getting more of them.

Powerwalls saved me again, definitely recommended.

I thought they were only doing PW installs with new solar systems now. At least that’s what they told me a few months ago when I inquired about getting more of them.
They changed that last week I think.

Reactions: JVU
Power finally came back ion at 4:30 today at the office while I was there babysitting the tank. 4 trips over 2 days to power the heater and return pump paid off - temp didn’t drop below 65. I didn’t see the wrasse - maybe still resting since it was pitch dark - but the other fish came out. The coral and mushroom look like they’ve been to hell and back. Hopefully, warm water and some lights tomorrow will get them past this trauma!?! Tank was 71 when I went home for the day - I need a drink!

My power came back finally last night but even with the generator I could only save the main display. My frag tank got toasted.

A few things survived in the frag but 90% melted. Makes sense since it was off for 3 days and got to 60F. Even the display I lost most sps but at least all my fish lived and the nice lps pieces.

My power came back finally last night but even with the generator I could only save the main display. My frag tank got toasted.

A few things survived in the frag but 90% melted. Makes sense since it was off for 3 days and got to 60F. Even the display I lost most sps but at least all my fish lived and the nice lps pieces.
Bummer....
My sympathies

Back