Jestersix

power outage - APEX

popper

Supporting Member
my neighborhood lost its power...probably due to the heat.

I didn't get any email or alert from APEX. I understand the app won't get any alert because there's no power. However, I would expect an email...maybe it can't email cause it doesn't have power. This seems to be a flaw.

One of my favorite features of my Nest camera is since google runs "everything", there is a push notification to my phone when those go out, indicating either network or power failure.

But yes, heartbeat is the way to make the apex do it.

+1 on the heartbeat but other products are generally faster. As much as reef beat sucks it’s pretty damn quick with notifications like that.

And like @H2OPlayar said - nest is probably the fastest but not for everyone.

Power back on over 24 hours but still unable to turn on heartbeat.somwyhing about connection reliable. That #1 next to the bell is to notify of a new upd
Screenshot_20220817-204437_APEX Fusion.jpg
ate. Already installed latest but that alert is still there.

Update Apex OS now the alert is gone.

Last edited:
On a side note, if you have your APEX on a UPS and want to detect power outages, you can purchase a $10 wall adapter. It’s technically meant to power the apex without the power distribution unit but it’s super useful to detect power failures while still protecting your tank.

Once the wall adaptor loses power, you can shut down equipment like skimmer, UV, some power heads, lights, etc. You can even slow down the return pump if it’s controlled by the apex.

Able to enable heartbeat now. Just had to wait longer than 24hrs after power returns.

Thanks for the tip.@randyc

Back