Our mission

Power supply / battery backup with multiple power inputs?

@richiev before you commit to that, make sure the car does not have a timeout on feeding power, just be 100% sure. Should be an easy thing to check this weekend with a practice run or some I internetting

Still have the EcoFlow you can borrow too. It is 1300 wh

@richiev before you commit to that, make sure the car does not have a timeout on feeding power, just be 100% sure. Should be an easy thing to check this weekend with a practice run or some I internetting

Still have the EcoFlow you can borrow too. It is 1300 wh
Yeah, my plan is to get all the extension cords and blah blah connected then run it on a subset of things for awhile before going.

That being said, I'm pretty confident it's good to go.

Interestingly, here's a guy who went down the YOLO path and used a ATS and generator outlet to feed his house:

Based on my initial testing, it's been powering two tanks across all the heating and cooling, pumps, powerheads, skimmer, and partially fuge lights, and a hydra26, and is running fine for about 5 hours so far.

In that time it averaged about 0.6% of the battery an hour. I wish I had a graph to tell if it's constantly doing so.

Tomorrow it'll get a full charge, and switch a couple plugs around. I'll either run just the return pumps or just the wave makers off the car, and leave everything else as is. In the event there's a power outage I can have my neighbor flip the entire power strips over to the extension cord when they get around to it. In the event somehow that went awry and the car stopped powering, I'd still have the other, powered from the house and grid, pump/powerhead moving water.

I'm honestly pretty chuffed at how cool this is. I literally can run two reef tanks off my car, for 6+ days with full everything. If that's not the future I don't know what is.

Back