Jestersix

PSA, hand sanitizers and soap

Just a reminder, soap and hand sanitizers are harmful to reef. Now that we are washing our hands often and use these antiseptic liquids, be cognitive to wash your hands with water well and dry it well before handling coral or placing your hand in the tank water.

Stay safe everyone

Last edited:
Gotta say, I'm not going too crazy with hand sanitizer nor washing hands. I mean sure I wash my hands after going to the bathroom of course, and if I come home from going to the store, but other than that I don't see a need to constantly do it, no one here is coughing, and if they have it chances are I have it already too. And hand sanitizer, well I use that while I am out only, like after going to the store squirt my hands down before touching the steering wheel of the car.

Gotta say, I'm not going too crazy with hand sanitizer nor washing hands. I mean sure I wash my hands after going to the bathroom of course, and if I come home from going to the store, but other than that I don't see a need to constantly do it, no one here is coughing, and if they have it chances are I have it already too. And hand sanitizer, well I use that while I am out only, like after going to the store squirt my hands down before touching the steering wheel of the car.
Yeh if you are inside a safe zone..say home, bot kuch changes to your life style is needed. But if you interact with ppl, or work, you need to sanitize when you back home.
I still work interact with my team and pass products around couple days a day,
Then my wife is physician and interact with patients..so we need to sanitize bit more than the average person

But yeh, common sense should be applied...

Back