High Tide Aquatics

Purple Zoos

Hi all,

Did some cleaning of my tank today and broke off some frags of my purple zoos while trying to pry them out of the live rock they were on to move them into some better light.

Nothing fancy, but thought it was time to offer up something since so many people have helped me out here:

Old picture of mother colony under PC lighting:
PinkPurplePalys.jpg

• [li]I have 2 4-5 polyp frags on plugs.[/li]
    [li]For BAR members. [/li]
    [li]Standard DBTC rules apply.[/li]
    [li]Located in SF and work downtown/FiDi[/li]

Eileen, you have dibs on one if you're interested... finally got around to fragging this thing.

How long will zoo's keep? If they'll keep, I can bring them to work and we could try to meet up for lunch next week downtown. Maybe try and grab Bryan too.

Pour some tank water on a paper towel, fold it around your frag, and stick the whole thing inside a cheapie thermos. That can go for 2-3 days.

Don't make a huge wad of paper towel, and don't make it super drippy. Just a little damp with minimal water in the thermos is fine. Makes for good gas exchange for the zoas.

They can keep for up to six hours or so in a plastic zip lock container or double-ziplocked bag.

I have a few tanks at work to put them into, once I get them from you. :D

Purple zoos pick up from George. Thank you. Nice place George. We had lunch down the street at Pacific Catch, very good food. Very nice neighborhood!!

Will do! I put it in my new nano/quarantine tank. Thanks again. athe guy with the clam and tang flaked on us. we took a nice drive through the presidio and Baker Beach.

Back