Jestersix

Quarantine process at High Tide Aquatics

under_water_ninja

High Tide Aquatics
LFS Owner
Upon each fish shipment, (which about 90-95% come from Quality Marine) they enter my qt system with copper at 2.0. I raise the copper to 2.5 in a 48 hour period. Now the medication begins with Metronidazole being administered every 48 hours. Praziquantel gets dosed on day 1(doesn’t kill eggs) and then again on day 8 to kill off anything that might have hatched. The fish also get metro and prazi in there foods twice daily to kill any sort of internal parasites and bacterial infections. After all the fish pass through the qt process and are all eating they get acclimated to my main sales floor fish system which is all natural at 1.025 salinity full of live rock, live sand, copepods, etc. No Copper!!! Yes no copper in my main fish system just a all natural healthy reef environment. Fish do not need to sit in copper longer then they should! This is why I’ve chosen to do what I am doing here. I want to limit the loss of aquatic life by every means possible, and to provide the healthiest fish I possibly can and the ease of acclimation to your at home system. Being they are with me for at least 16 days before hitting the sales floor, they get use to me feeding them and coming up to the tanks everyday, so there are way less timid. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or if you would like to special order fish for me to qt.

So how many days at 2.5ppm copper? And no new fishes coming into system during that time?

That would mean you have multiple systems going?

Pix would be fun too, really give yourself credit for what you’re doing (which sounds fantastic!)

So how many days at 2.5ppm copper? And no new fishes coming into system during that time?

That would mean you have multiple systems going?

Pix would be fun too, really give yourself credit for what you’re doing (which sounds fantastic!)
14 days at 2.5 copper. Yes no new fish come in once the qt process starts! At the moment I only have one system going, but I have another one that I need to plumb. So instead of having new fish hitting the sales floor system every 17 days or so, I will be able to offset each of the two systems schedule so I would be able to bring new fish out every 8 or 9 days.

Finally made it in yesterday, nice to meet you Kenny. Store is looking really good for a newer operation, and I have confidence that you care about the animals, and the people buying them, which is more than I can say for most stores. I hope this store grows and succeeds as I want to see this type of business in our hobby much more!

14 days at 2.5 copper. Yes no new fish come in once the qt process starts! At the moment I only have one system going, but I have another one that I need to plumb. So instead of having new fish hitting the sales floor system every 17 days or so, I will be able to offset each of the two systems schedule so I would be able to bring new fish out every 8 or 9 days.
I’d be down to come help or get plumbing done for you one of these days. I know you’re busy!

Back