Neptune Aquatics

Quarantines

Although I do not quarantine, this is one of the best write ups I seen about this topic.

Although I do not quarantine, this is one of the best write ups I seen about this topic.

Why dont you quarantine?

Now I‘m getting a better understanding why HumbleFish and the R2R owner aren’t getting along anymore- HumbleFish started his own forum with the same software and layout, in direct competition with R2R, and moved over a lot of content and followers.

Now I‘m getting a better understanding why HumbleFish and the R2R owner aren’t getting along anymore- HumbleFish started his own forum with the same software and layout, in direct competition with R2R, and moved over a lot of content and followers.
I think the humble fish forum was started in response to problems at R2R, not the cause of it. IMO

Its really cool forum without the nonsense, noise and pay to play R2R has. Am loving the crew there lol.

I think the humble fish forum was started in response to problems at R2R, not the cause of it. IMO
Well obviously he didn’t start his own directly competing forum because he was so happy with R2R (where he was a super-star). But it must have 10X further strained the relationship and made everyone involved less likely to feel like they need to work things out vs fire broad-sides whenever there’s a disagreement.

For those us who’ve been doing this long enough we’ll remember that that’s exactly why and how R2R was started, as a smaller more close-nit positive-energy alternative to the larger forum that was having issues. Maybe it’s just a necessary part of the life-cycle of online social forums.

I’m not saying it’s good or bad, just noting that I now have a better understanding of the issue, for what it’s worth. Personally I’ve found HumbleFish’s advice and write-ups on R2R over the years to be quite solid, even if generally not very useful to me personally.

Well obviously he didn’t start his own directly competing forum because he was so happy with R2R (where he was a super-star). But it must have 10X further strained the relationship and made everyone involved less likely to feel like they need to work things out vs fire broad-sides whenever there’s a disagreement.

For those us who’ve been doing this long enough we’ll remember that that’s exactly why and how R2R was started, as a smaller more close-nit positive-energy alternative to the larger forum that was having issues. Maybe it’s just a necessary part of the life-cycle of online social forums.

I’m not saying it’s good or bad, just noting that I now have a better understanding of the issue, for what it’s worth. Personally I’ve found HumbleFish’s advice and write-ups on R2R over the years to be quite solid, even if generally not very useful to me personally.
Totally agree and I see this good for us users. When a forum we follow start getting bad or shift from its original values that gravitated us to it, there are options that we can go to. So its a win win.

Am just copying my journal entry from bar to that forum. So i document both here and there.
So u giving me credit I do not deserve ha ha
Am really liking that forum and will start hanging around there as well...

Am just copying my journal entry from bar to that forum. So i document both here and there.. am reakkybliking that forum and will start hanging around there as well...
So u giving me credit I do not deserve ha ha

I was to lazy to even do that when I started a journal elsewhere. I just posted a link.

I’ve been thinking about doing a tank journal somewhere other than R2R, cause I don’t really update there much.

it’s good to see more content on humblefish beyond sick fish treatment!

when I first saw that front page link on humblefish, I though I was on BAR. Lol! Didn’t dawn on me for a couple days, as it’s just a different tab on the same browser

good job Omar! Proud to be able to see some of my corals ’Moms’

I’ve been thinking about doing a tank journal somewhere other than R2R, cause I don’t really update there much.

it’s good to see more content on humblefish beyond sick fish treatment!

when I first saw that front page link on humblefish, I though I was on BAR. Lol! Didn’t dawn on me for a couple days, as it’s just a different tab on the same browser

good job Omar! Proud to be able to see some of my corals ’Moms’
Yeh am doing my best to support that forum.
Will plan couple events there soon (coral and goods giveaways). Funny i too when I saw that forum i thought its BAR cause it had the same layout as BAR. Am guessing these layouts are standards or something...Am so sicken tired of R2R, its a stor front with suppressed content. I hope more forums picked up.

Last edited:
Back