Our mission

Questions about radion light.

I don't have reeflink, i usually control my lights by Ecosmart live, but now i can't do it anymore, seen i updates new firmware for my MacBook, the software no longer compatible. I need to raise my lights intensity, seen i have par meters in hand... does everyone know how to raise radion lights intensity without reeflink and ecosmart live and not messing uo lights scheduled
Can i try manual press arrow up button . Please help. TIA

You can plug directly into a computer via USB, I want to say the Radion is microUSB to regular USB (computer side). The buttons on the top can change intensity, but I don't think it is a permanent change, or a change that affects the programming. So your macbook updated and now the software doesn't work on it? I'd email Ecotech to see if they have any potential fixes, although I wouldn't hold my breath they seem full steam ahead to ditch the Ecosmart live platform. I'm not familiar enough with Macs to know how to do ... well anything.

Here’s what Ecotech customer service told me to try, or install Bootcamp on your Mac and use the Windows Radion software:

“Thank you for contacting EcoTech Marine! To resolve the issue you are having.

The mac OSX Catalina user must download legacy Java for OS X 2017-001 from here:

Go to Application and search for Script Editor.
In script editor - copy and paste the following -
set theDMG to choose file with prompt "Please select javaforosx.dmg:" of type {"dmg"}
do shell script "hdiutil mount " & quoted form of POSIX path of theDMG
do shell script "pkgutil --expand /Volumes/Java\\ for\\ macOS\\ 2017-001/JavaForOSX.pkg ~/tmp"
do shell script "hdiutil unmount /Volumes/Java\\ for\\ macOS\\ 2017-001/"
do shell script "sed -i '' 's/return false/return true/g' ~/tmp/Distribution"
do shell script "pkgutil --flatten ~/tmp ~/Desktop/ModifiedJava6Install.pkg"
do shell script "rm -rf ~/tmp"
display dialog "Modified ModifiedJava6Install.pkg saved on desktop" buttons {"Ok"}

Now press the Hammer Icon.
It should now change color to Black.
Click the play button.

It will ask you now to go find the legacy Java for OS X 2017-001 file you just downloaded from Apple Support.
Click on it and Continue will light up. Run that.
(If there is an error at this point, you have to go into finder and delete/rename any folder called "tmp" as this is what the script is trying to create.

When this script runs, it will create an installer on your desktop called ModifiedJava6Install.pkg to run the necessary Java for the EcoTech Connection Manager.

The connection manager will now install without issue to allow you to connect to your lights again via USB.”

Here’s what Ecotech customer service told me to try, or install Bootcamp on your Mac and use the Windows Radion software:

“Thank you for contacting EcoTech Marine! To resolve the issue you are having.

The mac OSX Catalina user must download legacy Java for OS X 2017-001 from here:

Go to Application and search for Script Editor.
In script editor - copy and paste the following -
set theDMG to choose file with prompt "Please select javaforosx.dmg:" of type {"dmg"}
do shell script "hdiutil mount " & quoted form of POSIX path of theDMG
do shell script "pkgutil --expand /Volumes/Java\\ for\\ macOS\\ 2017-001/JavaForOSX.pkg ~/tmp"
do shell script "hdiutil unmount /Volumes/Java\\ for\\ macOS\\ 2017-001/"
do shell script "sed -i '' 's/return false/return true/g' ~/tmp/Distribution"
do shell script "pkgutil --flatten ~/tmp ~/Desktop/ModifiedJava6Install.pkg"
do shell script "rm -rf ~/tmp"
display dialog "Modified ModifiedJava6Install.pkg saved on desktop" buttons {"Ok"}

Now press the Hammer Icon.
It should now change color to Black.
Click the play button.

It will ask you now to go find the legacy Java for OS X 2017-001 file you just downloaded from Apple Support.
Click on it and Continue will light up. Run that.
(If there is an error at this point, you have to go into finder and delete/rename any folder called "tmp" as this is what the script is trying to create.

When this script runs, it will create an installer on your desktop called ModifiedJava6Install.pkg to run the necessary Java for the EcoTech Connection Manager.

The connection manager will now install without issue to allow you to connect to your lights again via USB.”
Thankz very much. I try... but i doubt it, I can't do it too technical for me, m not computer savvy at all...Lol

Back