Kessil

Randy's Red Sea Reefer 250

Without a pilot hole that is through both surfaces, how did u ensure the drilling from both sides will meet and align in the middle perfectly?

If the entire length of the hole is not tapped/threaded, how did the male threaded end of your connector go through the hole?

The acrylic lid is only 3/8” thick. The step drill bit will be through the other end way before you get to 7/16”.

The tap is way longer than the thickness of the acrylic. I tapped the whole hole, but wanted to make sure the taper from
was not too much I didn’t get a snug fit.

So after my little masterflex fiasco and nutrients bombing down to nil, my acro growth seemed to have stalled out for a few months. Yes a few MONTHS! It was painful watching nothing grow (at least it seemed like it wasn't growing).

I'm hoping this is pointing in the right direction.

TSA Princess Peach on March 11.
frag_tank_20200311_8218.jpg

TSA Princess Peach on April 4. Just waiting (hoping) for it to explode! :)
frag_tank_20200404_8277.jpg

TSA Princess Peach with two more months of growth (Pic from 6/1/2020)
frag_tank_20200601_8653.jpg

I must say, today I had the pleasure of meeting randy in person and he graciously showed me his frag tank.
truly what I saw life was even better than the pictures...it was humbling experience to see how coral can look like in a pro system...
Amazing.
I got this one...this is regular phone pic, no filter or nothing...how can a coral look like that under regular light spectrum I have no idea lol

Attachments

• 20200606_121340.jpg
    20200606_121340.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
Randy, just completed the mod. So far so good.
The 1/4 connector extends slightly below the lid. There is a small pocket of air that wont purge. I may have to shave the connector so it is flush with the lid. Do you have this same issue? Dont think it impacts the function.

Randy, just completed the mod. So far so good.
The 1/4 connector extends slightly below the lid. There is a small pocket of air that wont purge. I may have to shave the connector so it is flush with the lid. Do you have this same issue? Dont think it impacts the function.

Yes, mine sticks out a bit, but the extension tube for the recirculating pump input is lower than the 1/4" push connect so there is no way air would go the input of the recirculating pump before the 1/4" push connect output.

3D0A9704-D33D-404A-BD73-264C696B2D14.jpeg

I find that pink is a hard color to come by and actually sustain in corals. Anything I buy pink, it usually just turns red pretty quickly. Enter this little piece. I picked up this piece back in March and I believe it was just fragged from an imported piece. They only had four frags and I debated whether or not to buy it because I knew I would just get burned and it would turn red. Happy I took the risk. Here it is - all pinked up - even slightly more than when I bought it.

pinky_the_ghost_goni_20200609_8741.jpg

I just got a new iPhone 11 Pro and under the right conditions, it's surprisingly good at taking video without a filter. Colors still slightly off, but pretty damn good.

Last edited:
I find that pink is a hard color to come by and actually sustain in corals. Anything I buy pink, it usually just turns red pretty quickly. Enter this little piece. I picked up this piece back in March and I believe it was just fragged from an imported piece. They only had four frags and I debated whether or not to buy it because I knew I would just get burned and it would turn red. Happy I took the risk. Here it is - all pinked up - even slightly more than when I bought it.

pinky_the_ghost_goni_20200609_8741.jpg

I just got a new iPhone 11 Pro and under the right conditions, it's surprisingly good at taking video without a filter. Colors still slightly off, but pretty damn good.
That video is mesmerizing. Is that shot through the front glass?

Playing with the new iPhone 11 Pro and the camera. Have to say, this phone is putting out some pretty darn good shots. Making me think whether or not DSLR might not be coming out as much anymore.

Here’s one of my first few acro pieces I ever got. I believe it’s an acro horrida I got around 4 years ago. It has some nice purple and teal/green hues.

38F3B507-DB6B-4A6D-AC99-BD1F2A71BFAC.jpeg

Back