Jestersix

Randy's Red Sea Reefer 250

Whoa...over a year and no posts. Talk about slacking.

The Cliff Notes version of the update: Reefer 250 still running steady. I added a 6x3x1' frag/growout tank in my garage. Worse problems I've had over the year: Masterflex died on calcium reactor and alk dropped enough to piss off and kill a few frags in the garage tank and had a NO3 & PO4 deficiency (read zero) problem while I was away on a vacation and some acros paled out. Otherwise, things mostly running on auto-pilot. Had a second Masterflex died (boo!) on the Reefer 250 calcium reactor, but that happen without much fanfare as I caught that early on. I have become new best friends with the Ecotech Versa peristaltic pumps.

So for now (and probably in the future), I'll just entice you with pics from the tanks at home.

BC Aquatic Man Table
frag_tank_%20_20200212_7863.jpg

Just a random no name wild special
IMG_7164.JPG

TSA Bill Murray
frag_tank_%20_20200212_7864.jpg

Juggernaut Bounce
shrooms_for_sale_20200109_7414.jpg

A bright-A$$ rhodactis
shrooms_for_sale_20200215_7877.jpg
Wow..great colors... the growth you have is unbelievable...just wow!

Hmmm....maybe my memory is not serving me correctly then. This was one of the first pieces I got years ago when I set up the reefer and before I started writing the names of things I got.
Definitely not saying it isn’t. Just haven’t seen em turn green like that. Don’t see many anymore.

I think 2 MP40s is going to be way too much flow for the 250. I would say 2 MP10s.

Good point, but they can always be turned down. I have the smaller MP10s on mine and wonder if I would have been better off upsizing and ramping them back.

[ Just realized I’m replying to a 4 yo thread. ]

Good point, but they can always be turned down. I have the smaller MP10s on mine and wonder if I would have been better off upsizing and ramping them back.

[ Just realized I’m replying to a 4 yo thread. ]

:) Better late than never?

I actually found that after the growth settles in, MP40s are better suited than the MP10s.

Back