got ethical husbandry?

Raspberry Pi Zero + LCD -> Apex display unit + control

Beanju

Supporting Member
I have 2 tanks connected to my APEX system and they are not next to each other.
I already have a switch box connected to my apex ( to turn on / off things with flipping a switch ) so I cannot have an other box next to my other tank.

so I have made this, it's Raspberry Pi Zero + LCD and it use the APEX Api to get information and display it .
next thing is to trigger a feeding with the push of one of the button. but it's fairly simple. and then design an enclosure and tada, a mini control box , wireless ( except power ) for my Neptune APEX
IMG_2165.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2165.JPG
    IMG_2165.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 129
I have 2 tanks connected to my APEX system and they are not next to each other.
I already have a switch box connected to my apex ( to turn on / off things with flipping a switch ) so I cannot have an other box next to my other tank.

so I have made this, it's Raspberry Pi Zero + LCD and it use the APEX Api to get information and display it .
next thing is to trigger a feeding with the push of one of the button. but it's fairly simple. and then design an enclosure and tada, a mini control box , wireless ( except power ) for my Neptune APEX

Do you mean it uses wifi to connect to the Apex?

Thanks. I was looking into doing something similar but cannot access wifi where the tanks are. That system you made is great!

quick video which shows it in action, activating feeding ( which stop everything for 10 minutes for me ) and also having the option to cancel a feeding.

I was looking into doing this when they cut off older browsers from apex fusion.

Y9i can still get to the classic dashboard through the apex ip address but that's the only page that works now.

The RPi is sleek though, especially with a 3d printed display case.

Back