Jestersix

Recommendations for a quiet internal pump with small footprint and low wattage

Like the title says that's what I'm looking for. Also something that can push out some flow for my NP reactor.

Had a Quiet One 3000 but that thing was not quiet at all. Noisy when it started and ran. Thinking of a Eheim compact pump but don't see many reviews on them.

Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

Want a Q1-4000. :)
Same problem, not quiet at all except when run in-sump with zero head.

Eheim is quiet and reliable. Good pump. But not the best as far as wattage for GPH.
Taam Rio-2100 has been good for me for my skimmer. It has better GPH/W, but is slightly noisier.

Im using a Quite One 4000 and its not that loud, guess it depends on the install. I put a rubber mouse pad under another one I had before, thats one good way to quite down noisy pumps. And the deeper water the better also. +1 on the Eheim, is a great pump!

Seems Tunze Silence are very energy efficient; I'll be hunting for a deal on one. The electronic version is available now but at ~$200 nah,

I've had 2 Eheim's and they never gave me any problems. With the new tank I decided to try the Hydor pumps since their quality of products seemed decent and prices were fair. I have the L30 on my 30g and it is reasonably quiet.

I recently switched from an Ocean Runner 3500 to an Eheim 1262. The Eheim is not just hype. Significantly more flow than the OR, overall smoother running and extremely quiet. Most importantly I'm having no start up issues whatsoever with this German made pump.

I haven't tried the smaller Eheims, but I'd venture to guess they are just as good.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations. I ended up buying an Eheim Compact + 2000. Man is it quiet! Only drawback is that it doesn't have any threaded fittings for the output.

sfboarders said:
Thanks everyone for the recommendations. I ended up buying an Eheim Compact + 2000. Man is it quiet! Only drawback is that it doesn't have any threaded fittings for the output.

Nice - I'd be interested in seeing how you like it over an extended period of time. Is this the newer version of their 126x pumps? Smaller would be nice for tight spaces in sump

iCon said:
sfboarders said:

Nice - I'd be interested in seeing how you like it over an extended period of time. Is this the newer version of their 126x pumps? Smaller would be nice for tight spaces in sump

I'm not too sure it's a newer version of the 12xx pumps. When I was doing research it doesn't seem like many people are using it for return pumps compared to the 12xx. The nice thing is that it's small, quiet, and you can adjust the flow. Oh yea, it's an Eheim so it is pretty pricey. :D

Back