Jestersix

Red Sea 90 light issues

L/B Block

Supporting Member
Yesterday one of the RED Sea 90 lights went out of commission. Red Sea support less than helpful said to check the connectivity issues. Everything looks connected and the power supply still shows a solid blue color even when unplugged?

Suggestion on another forum is swap out the power source from one light to another and see if that works-so that might suggest a power supply issue.

Other thing I read is that these power supply packs run hot! Does anyone have experience with this -for those who run these lights.,

Just disappointed that if the power supply really failed -only been in operation for 10 months (purchased but not used for 1 1/2 half)

Use a multimeter and test the power supply? These power supplies do run very hot. I was using one of these lights and it was nothing but problems for me.

I can't help you with your light, but I will take this opportunity to say that I think Red Sea are complete swine. I have had problems with virtually every single Red Sea product I own and their customer support is Comcastic.

I can't help you with your light, but I will take this opportunity to say that I think Red Sea are complete swine. I have had problems with virtually every single Red Sea product I own and their customer support is Comcastic.
This is the first issue that I have had with their products. See how it rolls from here. The first email was very unhelpful. The follow up much better. See how it goes.

Use a multimeter and test the power supply? These power supplies do run very hot. I was using one of these lights and it was nothing but problems for me.
I assume you switched to another light?
And if so, which one.

If I know I am going to blow through a bunch of power supplies I may rethink future lighting sources…ugh

I assume you switched to another light?
And if so, which one.

If I know I am going to blow through a bunch of power supplies I may rethink future lighting sources…ugh
I'm now using gen 3 and gen 5 radions. I feel the 4th generation ones are the best.

Well the jokes on me. When I finally got around to switching the power supplies I realized that the power cord had become totally disconnected by the light source
This happens to me a few months back. I accidentally unplug the light and can’t figure out why the light is not working!

I have a pair of those a while back and had the "hot power supply" issue. I called them and they sent me two new ones. I forget what phone number I used but it wasn't off their site - I just Googled around. I think it was this but cant be sure (was years ago). give that a shot... worked for me

Back