Our mission

replacement sump for red sea 525 g2

jamie

Supporting Member
does any know of a good sump that can replace the original sump in 525. getting to the return pump area is such a hassle with the reef mat in front of it. looking for a more liner path for the water to flow. Vs what they got going on now. thanks

When I had my 525 running I used a Trigger Systems Platinum 34 Sump. I liked it because the automatic fleece roller was built in to the left side and there was a linear path left to right where it’d finally go up the return pump in the right section. I’m pretty sure they offer the version without the built in fleece roller if you already have a ReefMat

I’ve got a Reefer 350 V3 sump if you’d like to swap sumps. However sump layout is pretty much the same. You’ll just have 8” more clearance. Maybe this will give you more room to access the pump return chamber.
350 sump 27x17x14”
vs
525 sump 35x19x16”

When I had my 525 running I used a Trigger Systems Platinum 34 Sump. I liked it because the automatic fleece roller was built in to the left side and there was a linear path left to right where it’d finally go up the return pump in the right section. I’m pretty sure they offer the version without the built in fleece roller if you already have a ReefMat
ill check it out, thanks

I’ve got a Reefer 350 V3 sump if you’d like to swap sumps. However sump layout is pretty much the same. You’ll just have 8” more clearance. Maybe this will give you more room to access the pump return chamber.
350 sump 27x17x14”
vs
525 sump 35x19x16”
the reef mat will still be right in front. i would have a bit more room to reach around it though.

How often are you needing to get to the return chamber?
You could probably turn the sump around and modify the plumbing. Likely cheaper than a new sump

It does. The bigger issue I have now is reloading the rollermat as I have something next to it -so I have to take that out or I can’t get it out currently. But if I reverse the sump I can have a win win-

But that means splicing the piping - and rework the plumbing. Frankly I am too lazy..

I was just frustrated today by a dosing pump not properly working and having to work around the rollermat

i mean i love the reef mat. i would never go back to socks. i just feel like the sump could have been designed with function and access in mind. if the cabinet had a door on the side. that would solve my problem

Have you tried hanging it all the way to the left or using the legs. You won’t be able to run a refugium tho.
actually if it is on the left. i can just put the intake on the left hand side. vs the right. that would give me the same amount of space in the refugium section. thats probably the easiest solution. thanks for the idea

Back