Our mission

Rodi trouble

Russ I got a question for you....

The ceramic filter people claim rodi product water is such a solvent that it will leach stuff out of your holding vessal or even the plastic tubing. I dumbed down their claims, but you get the gist Im sure.

Any validity to thay?

GreshamH said:
Russ I got a question for you....

The ceramic filter people claim rodi product water is such a solvent that it will leach stuff out of your holding vessal or even the plastic tubing. I dumbed down their claims, but you get the gist Im sure.

Any validity to thay?

+1 I read that and was puzzled, if the plastic is NSF I would assume it is nonreactive to pure H2O, PVC cement sure, but H2O sounds a little far fetched.

So just thinking about my setup I realize that I haven't been using any prefilters that deal with chloramines. The GAC and carbon block that came with the unti are intended to remove chlorine, so I guess I should get something that will remove chloramines before my membrane? Is chloramines bad for membranes just like chlorine would be? Maybe that has to do with the relatively short life of my first membrane?
I'm considering adding an extra prefilter stage so that I'll have a 10 micron sediment filter before my booster pump, then a GAC, then a 1 micron sediment, then a chloramines specific carbon block before my membrane. Any thoughts? Do I really need the GAC?

Back