Jestersix

RODI

General question, is everyone not worried about chlormines?

I think it is great advice to always test store water, LFS or otherwise.

A TDS pen and chlorine strips are my suggestion.

I only mention this because I recently was in an emergency and every LFS I went to had not replaced their carbon block and was leaching chlorimines into the product water. I opted to get some water and use prime to detoxify it.

Not bashing any stores just sharing my experience. Feels like maybe it’s not as big of a concern as I maybe thought it was initially.

General question, is everyone not worried about chlormines?

I think it is great advice to always test store water, LFS or otherwise.

A TDS pen and chlorine strips are my suggestion.

I only mention this because I recently was in an emergency and every LFS I went to had not replaced their carbon block and was leaching chlorimines into the product water. I opted to get some water and use prime to detoxify it.

Not bashing any stores just sharing my experience. Feels like maybe it’s not as big of a concern as I maybe thought it was initially.
No, chloramine is a big deal

20210707_002320.jpg
20210707_002659.jpg

Moved all my livestock from my main display that I sold to my new frag tank setup!
All went smooth all is happy!
Thanks again for all the help @PeetaJai @thesassyindian and everyone that offered. Also thanks everyone for your inputs about rodi water

Will be doing a tank journal on this setup when I get around to it!

That stand looks sweet, what’s the final cost for the materials?
Materials costed me nothing, I was given ALOT of aluminum for free from a buddy that had scratched a project his company was working on. But the bill for the materials was over 5k and I still have plenty aluminum left over that I will be using for other projects and add-ons to this build

Back