High Tide Aquatics

Ron's 20G AIO

bluetang_2000

Supporting Member
hello all,

it's been a while since my last tank, after two moves and 16 yrs later. looking at the link below certainly brought back memories.

Glad that the club is still here and going strong, became a member right away but didn't really get the current tank setup until few weeks ago!

Current tank a Nuvo 20g AIO. Always thought that bigger would be more stable, so was planning on getting the Red Sea Reefer S or the Cade Reef 1500 series 2. Right before pulling the trigger, saw a good deal for the Nuvo 20 AIO and decided to go smaller to get into the hobby again.

Equipment for the Nuvo 20 (some equipment seems overkill but will be just right when the time comes for the big one =)
  • MP10QWD
  • Kessil A560X
  • GHL Profilux 4
  • Helio PTC 100W
Looking forward to meet everyone again in one of the swaps or events!

Attachments

• tempImagey2nxCl.png
    tempImagey2nxCl.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 103
haha, not so much VHOs, but I still remember wiring up the DIY T5s to the canopy, but later on switched to T5/Metal halide fixture.
Those metal halides (250W each x 2) could generate so much heat that you don't even need a heater.
Been having sticker shock with the price on some of these fish, $100 for a blue tang :oops:.

Also looking forward to meeting the reefers in the Tri-valley area!

haha, not so much VHOs, but I still remember wiring up the DIY T5s to the canopy, but later on switched to T5/Metal halide fixture.
Those metal halides (250W each x 2) could generate so much heat that you don't even need a heater.
Been having sticker shock with the price on some of these fish, $100 for a blue tang :oops:.

Also looking forward to meeting the reefers in the Tri-valley area!
Welcome back. Check out yellow tangs, all well over 100 bucks and captive raised now.

Back