Cali Kid Corals

Rostatos Reefer 450 and Reefer 170

Alk is on the rise and ph is about a 10th lower than yesterday’s. CaRx is at setting 1 and I’ve now reduced the DOS’s two part to only 40ml. Going to slowly ween off two part.
434DB1A8-CF3D-45DD-930A-AA9005CE3197.png

Why slowly switching over?

Just trying to not shock the tank. I have no idea what setting the tank needs from the reactor. So I just have both running and I am slowly going to increase output from the reactor while also slowly reducing 2 part.

I also switched the KhG to test every 2 hours instead of 4. This way I see the all every two hours.

Just too much risk of killing the whole tank right now.

The salinity is a bit high?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the probe is off by 1 point. So it’s actually 36ppt. But my salinity also ran pretty high regularly due to mass amounts of two part being dumped in. It’s one of the reasons I am going to the CaRx.

i only use that probe as a monitor for catastrophe

Ok. I need some help to make sure my math is correct.

I checked the dkh coming out of the reactor using the Hanna checker.

I used 2ml of water from the output of the reactor and diluted it with 8ml of rodi.

The dkh reading was 7.8 from the unit. I multiplied that by 5 and got a total of 39 dkh coming out of the reactor.

Did I do that right? I figured 2x5 equals 10 so that would be my multiple. Correct?

Ok. I need some help to make sure my math is correct.

I checked the dkh coming out of the reactor using the Hanna checker.

I used 2ml of water from the output of the reactor and diluted it with 8ml of rodi.

The dkh reading was 7.8 from the unit. I multiplied that by 5 and got a total of 39 dkh coming out of the reactor.

Did I do that right? I figured 2x5 equals 10 so that would be my multiple. Correct?
Why do you care? You should depend on your khg and that's it. Value might change over time . The way I see it you simply adjust your dastaco setting to go up and down and monitor using the khg..thats better... no?

Why do you care? You should depend on your khg and that's it. Value might change over time . The way I see it you simply adjust your dastaco setting to go up and down and monitor using the khg..thats better... no?
Trying to figure out the proper dose of tritons infusion trace elements. I think it’s already dialed in. Setting 2 seems to be pretty close without help from the DOS.

Last edited:
Btw are you aerating the carx output before it goes to the sump? It help to have access co2 get out before going to the sump and your ph will improve a bit..

If you have to pass 5, you can start the over drive knob(2nd knob) which will be kind of multiplier for the setting number..

I don’t think we will get there. I turned the DOS down from 120ml to 40ml over the weekend. And once the DOS kicked in today, it got pretty darn stable. So I think I’m pretty close at setting 3 or 4. Essentially the DOS is just a back up to keep the dkh stable and should not be turned on very often. I even set alarms and stuff to alert me when the DOS has to kick in, the carx gets turned off, or the dkh hits a certain low point. That way I can quickly take control from anywhere. I trust the KhG so much now that I will let that tell me what to do.

As soon as this thing dials in, and I run out of 2 part, I’m going to use the DIY all for reef 1 part and use the second dosing container for something else. Maybe magnesium. Not sure yet. We will see how the magnesium levels stay.

But does it go directly or as the manual say to hsve it go through wider pipe so gasses escape?
It’s just dropping like 6 inches into the water. I like being able to here it drop right now. I’m still in the initial learning to trust it phase. I’ll add a larger pipe in a week or so. It’s definitely de-gassing

It’s just dropping like 6 inches into the water. I like being able to here it drop right now. I’m still in the initial learning to trust it phase. I’ll add a larger pipe in a week or so. It’s definitely de-gassing
Yeh i pass mine through a wider pipe, so by time it reach the sump some of the co2 get out..

Back