High Tide Aquatics

Ryan’s 40G first reef

Lol you should see my sand lol , I don’t care much for it cus it will clear up. Have you try chemiclean for cyano?
Eric said no chemiclean bc dinos. I’m trying to bring up nutrients via over feeding pellets.

My cyano is actually now getting worse and starting to cover my Goni and rocks. Just keep blowing it off?

Eric said no chemiclean bc dinos. I’m trying to bring up nutrients via over feeding pellets.

My cyano is actually now getting worse and starting to cover my Goni and rocks. Just keep blowing it off?
u said gonis were "moderately difficult" but u ended up getting one anyways?

2F3272F6-DED0-4A60-AB85-61B897D70F57.jpeg
2844D81C-0679-4504-90E8-FF117A73EAD3.jpeg

Sorry for the terrible photos. Everyone seems to be getting along. My clowns haven’t paired yet but don’t fight.

I still say you get it over with and dump a cup of my sump rubble in your sump area for much faster tank maturity. Best product money can't buy! I do however enjoy the detailed documentation of the trials of the new tank without it though.

Edit: I just got my signed copy of this book, so I think you would like my old copy

Really good info in here

Last edited:
I still say you get it over with and dump a cup of my sump rubble in your sump area for much faster tank maturity. Best product money can't buy! I do however enjoy the detailed documentation of the trials of the new tank without it though.

Edit: I just got my signed copy of this book, so I think you would like my old copy

Really good info in here
I see you collect signed reef books too! lol. Anthony Calfo has signed all my books and a few others. Don't have any Julien signatures though. BAR was going to have a library of books like the PAR meter lending last time I was active. I have books to donate to that cause if there is desire to start that up. Had to purchase a few duplicates when I got some signed somewhere. Everyone who reads it could sign the book.

Stocking update:
Geometric perchlet isn’t eating but is starting to come out a little bit. Purple fire fish is starting to get braver and explore. He only ate frozen rotifers. Blenny only like mysis and not NLS thera a+.
New clown seems to be doing ok.
Questions:
How do I get my fake hawkfish to eat?

Good tip, didn’t know that. Any ideas what to do if you skipped that step?
Try more varieties, as mentioned trying live and frozen over pellets. It's pretty easy to make decapsulated brine eggs which you can try feeding directly or hatch in 24hrs'ish. I also had a lot of success with Masstick which stinks and seems to attract fish.

Just don't nutrient spike the tank by throwing 50 different foods in. You might need to syphon excess out.

For future always ask for them to feed it, as noted, but this also is another reason why people get benefits out of isolation/quarantine tanks. You can keep tossing food types in and not worry about nutrient load as much.

I'm in Redwood City and I have some decapsulated eggs in brine solution that should still be viable if you want some. I also have some Masstick I'd sell you at cost.

Stopped by Neptune today and they had live brine. Perchlet didnt come out of hiding to eat. Should I attempt to target feed? feed at night? I thought live brine shrimp are the most enticing food?

Sometimes it takes a week for a fish to settle in and want to eat. Offer small amounts a couple times a day and see if anything triggers a feeding response.

Back