Kessil

Ryan’s 40G first reef

With the Milwaukee you calibrate with rodi. You can borrow mine if you want to try one before you buy it.
I've added the Milwaukee to my gear to purchase list. Calibrating with RODI would be great. I'll shoot you a DM about yours later.

Fish I still need to get:
-partner for my frozen frostbite clown
-replacement yasha goby (my tiger pistol killed it after coexisting for weeks then committed sudoku in my return pump)
-pink streaked wrasse. I put a request into High tide as my lfs hasn't been able to source one for a few months.
After that I think I'm fully stocked. Then onto corals once I can swing them.

EDIT: Woohoo, post number 600!.

Last edited:
I've added the Milwaukee to my gear to purchase list. Calibrating with RODI would be great. I'll shoot you a DM about yours later.

Fish I still need to get:
-partner for my frozen frostbite clown
-replacement yasha goby (my tiger pistol killed it after coexisting for weeks then committed sudoku in my return pump)
-pink streaked wrasse. I put a request into High tide as my lfs hasn't been able to source one for a few months.
After that I think I'm fully stocked. Then onto corals once I can swing them.

EDIT: Woohoo, post number 600!.
I think you meant seppuku... it would be weird if your goby was doing sudoku

AC had some pink streaked wrasse in last friday according to their weekly newsletter, unsure if they still have it.

Looks like they had 3, one was marked sold, I grabbed the second and suspect the third sold pretty quickly after that. Here’s mine. Settled in very nicely. Active, picking at the rock work and eating.

Attachments

• B8F9238C-6D56-4F29-A2A6-FA89703DFDC6.png
    B8F9238C-6D56-4F29-A2A6-FA89703DFDC6.png
    369.3 KB · Views: 96
  • FC392497-8D91-4EE1-B9E6-AB502FEF64A3.png
    FC392497-8D91-4EE1-B9E6-AB502FEF64A3.png
    369.4 KB · Views: 96
I think you meant seppuku... it would be weird if your goby was doing sudoku
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=commit sudoku

Looks like they had 3, one was marked sold, I grabbed the second and suspect the third sold pretty quickly after that. Here’s mine. Settled in very nicely. Active, picking at the rock work and eating.
Glad to hear yours is doing well, I seriously should hand checked bar sooner.

did u identify where the flatforms came from?

are you doing any dipping with your current pieces to eradicate them slowly or you just going to wait until your wrasse comes in?

did u identify where the flatforms came from?

are you doing any dipping with your current pieces to eradicate them slowly or you just going to wait until your wrasse comes in?
I’m unsure on how to narrow in on which coral brought them into mg tank. I didn’t know if a bunch of repeated dips would piss them off. My plan is to dip after vacation and add a wrasse at the same time.

When you putting corals on rock?
Once I get a 2nd NooPsyche light. I have a ton of shadowing on my rocks as my light isn't dead center on the tank. I will install them closer to the tank and line up the long side of the lights with the short side of the tank for much better coverage. I dont plan on increasing my par, just spread.

I have semi successfully colored up my first sps! I got this bubblegum digitata at cfm months ago and it turned pale with zero PE days after buying it. It stayed like that until this week. First it decided to start having rainbow tips and today it has PE!
Before
EAA14E18-A954-499A-94D7-81422CCD563B.jpeg

After
80DB77CA-1CFF-4FD8-B21B-F7C735142C34.jpeg

I was able to maintain PE on a month old bubblegum digi and I look forward to rainbow tips developing.
8F02DB1B-3F4C-49C6-80AF-75812DDC4DAA.jpeg

Coralline algae is rapidly spreading too.

Last edited:
Only minor issues on vacation so far. Tank sitter turned my light to manual default instead of automatic so it got unknown par and duration for 3 days. Fixed that over FaceTime. My 4 headed jebao doser said it was delivered but never showed up. It came at the end of the day.
My alk had dropped from 9.2 to 8.4 in 9ish days so I had my sitter turn up my doser from 10ML to 30ML for 3 days and they brought my alk from 8.1 to 9.3. So I know the magic all for reef number is greater than 15ml but less than 25ml. I’m guessing around 18-22.

Back