Cali Kid Corals

Ryan’s 90G Mixed Tank

borker

Supporting Member
Hi guys,

Sheepishly starting a tank journal. I’ve been an amateur for roughly 6 years now. Have had 1 90G, 1 60G and now another 90G.

I haven’t read a lot of these so just gonna post some pics and track progress. Have lost a fair bit of coral due to work travel but now things seem to be back on track.

Livestock:
Leopard Wrasse
Lawnmower Blenny
Cleaner Shrimp
Pincushion Urchin
Brittle Star
Black Spine urchin
Small RBTA

Corals / Mushrooms:
Purple Green Ricordea (epidemic)
Favias I don’t know the name of
A bunch of other stuff I don’t know the names of
Hammer
A few Zoas/Palys

Lights
2x Kessils A360N on controller

4f23ed8f00942bf27adf6916ede04d10.jpg

925c404a569eafb89ce76ed79970644a.jpg
9963349f9ace595082e25ce83d2b66b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A little hard to see, but your ricordia (epidemic) doesn't really look like ricordia, mushrooms sure, but ricordia are very typically will have a bubbly appearance, and the colors are typically very solid and uniform, as opposed to "fuzzy" in appearance.

A little hard to see, but your ricordia (epidemic) doesn't really look like ricordia, mushrooms sure, but ricordia are very typically will have a bubbly appearance, and the colors are typically very solid and uniform, as opposed to "fuzzy" in appearance.
Interesting - do you know what they are?

And also @Ashburn - I have a couple A350's lying around. Would you add 1 or 2 More?

Also - does anyone think the orange or blue colonies are ready to be fragged? I've never done it before, but would love to bring frags to the swap or start a DBTC.

Interesting - do you know what they are?
I mean they're mushrooms, I can say that much for certain. But your pictures don't exactly do much justice with a clear identification. A quick google for "green hairy mushroom" shows this which kind of looks like what you have, but you can see better than I can if this is what you have.

But it may be rhodactis indosinensis but that's just a guess based on what I can see.

That's definitely what they are (Green Hairy Mushrooms).

I can add 2 more A350's. Probably need to get a timer for them, since they can't be controlled.

Any takers on helping me frag?

Back