High Tide Aquatics

Salt water feels so gooood!!!

Aside from my new salt water hobby I also like to do other stuff in salt water and that's SURF! I haven't surfed in 2 weeks because the previous week I was sick and last week I've been busy staining my stand and canopy for my tank and shopping for aquarium stuff and browsing the forums. On Sat. I headed out to the crowded beach and got some fun waves and oh did it feel so good to be in the cool dirty salt water of Northern California. 8) Can't wait to head out again. :bigsmile: *shaka*

You're saying this to people who already live here Mike :p

I never thought Norcal surfing would be fun, since im from SoCal and the water is cold, it must be even colder up here :D

It depends on what you like, SC waves are flaccid, if you want to wait in line for a ride that's like an amusement park ride you're all good in SC. Up here you have choices, it may not be good very often, but when it's good your heart is in your throat. The water temps are negated by the 5/4/3, they help especially if you like to surf places that upwell a lot like the reefs near me, or a certain spot that is in San Mateo County, not Santa Cruz (Gresham knows where I'm talking about :D )

Erick said:

I never thought Norcal surfing would be fun, since im from SoCal and the water is cold, it must be even colder up here :D

The water is not cold. If you think the water is too cold that means you are not catching enough waves. :p

sfboarders said:
Erick said:

The water is not cold. If you think the water is too cold that means you are not catching enough waves. :p

SHHHHHH it's cold and shark infested... very dangerous and not fun at all :)

sfboarders said:
Aside from my new salt water hobby I also like to do other stuff in salt water and that's SURF! I haven't surfed in 2 weeks because the previous week I was sick and last week I've been busy staining my stand and canopy for my tank and shopping for aquarium stuff and browsing the forums. On Sat. I headed out to the crowded beach and got some fun waves and oh did it feel so good to be in the cool dirty salt water of Northern California. 8) Can't wait to head out again. :bigsmile: *shaka*

Surf when your get sick... makes you better (unless you catch something that is classified with "a", "c", etc) :)

tuberider said:
or a certain spot that is in San Mateo County, not Santa Cruz (Gresham knows where I'm talking about :D )

Trying to get me killed eh? I just saw the old crew yesterday... they can still brawl, and still do... 100% loco locals :lol:

GreshamH said:
Surf when your get sick... makes you better (unless you catch something that is classified with "a", "c", etc) :)

Yea, it's that natural saline solution. Getting caught up with this aquarium stuff lately. :)

GreshamH said:
tuberider said:
or a certain spot that is in San Mateo County, not Santa Cruz (Gresham knows where I'm talking about :D )

Trying to get me killed eh? I just saw the old crew yesterday... they can still brawl, and still do... 100% loco locals :lol:
[/quote]

100% loco locals :lol:[/quote]

Aren't they all? I won't even point towards ******** when I'm up on the hill here, let alone **** ****, *****, ***'* ***, ******, *** ******, ******** ****, ********, or ****** ******* :D

I see your brushing up on your hacking skills there Jeremy :lol:

Very true though. Don't even look in that direction let alone point towards it. Park a mile down the road and don't be seen running to it. Watch out for the farmers, and Fish and Game!!!

sfboarders said:
Hehe, shark sighting last night at LM.

http://www.sharkresearchcommittee.com/pacific_coast_shark_news.htm

:lol: get's the riff raff out of the water and allows us a less crowded line up.

I had no idea they had a website for shark sightings. Back in the day it was nearly a daily deal for us at a certain cove/beach/reef I'm more then sure Jeremy knows about. Heck there were times we'd drive from up there and hit spots all the way back and see the same one a few times in fact.

The trick is to not e confused into thinking you might be a seal. You need to know it and feel it :D

What is everyone riding? I have been out of the water for a few years, but I grew up one block away from Spanish Bay in Carmel, and also spend the better part of my high school and college days on the east side of SC.

Last board I had was a 9'8' Harbour Bananna. 4/3, no hood, no booties. Booties are for the weak, even in Jan/Feb. I like to feel the board under my feet personally.

I spent 3 years in Orange County and can honestly say that there is no juice behind the waves down there. Just wasn't any fun. That was part of the reason for my departure. That and marriage, 2 kids and 2 jobs.

I ride my own shapes, mostly a 5'10" potato chip for the most part, but I have an MR style twin I've been riding lately that is sooooo nimble in the windswell it is great for roundies and lip smashing. I have a 6'8" egg I like to ride when I feel lazy, a 5'7" UFO fish, a 6'9" semi gun that is down in Costa Rica right now, a 6'4" all arounder, a 6'6" wide tri that kills it at the lane.... I've got a couple of boards :)

5/4/3 hooded with booties, and I assure you I'm anything but weak, as you can tell I don't have a longboard and expect to get shot by all of my buddies if they ever see me on one.

I have a couple boards. My latest boards are customs.

5'10" Mandala Quad (custom)
7'6" 2 + 1 hybrid Michel Junod (custom) (My favorite board! I use this board a lot. Can catch small and big waves)
6'4" Al Merrick Eagles Wing (rarely used, I have more fun on my non thruster boards. Mostly stays in the boardbag.)
9'0" Walden Magic longboard (has to be absolutely small in order for me to use this board. Mostly stays in the boardbag.)

I also have another 5'11 Mandala 2+1 custom on the way.

I have a 4/3 that O'neill Mutant that I use most of the time even for winter. I also have a 5/4/3 O'neill Mutant but my 4/3 keeps me warm in the winter. I rarely put my hood on my wetsuit. Can't stand wearing a hood. I haven't worn booties for some time. It's almost the season when I have to put them back on.

Al Merrick sure sponsored a lot of groms when I was a helgi :) Almost every friend of mine (in Santa Cruz) that competed was sponsored by him.

Back