High Tide Aquatics

Sante210's 65g

My advice on DC pumps is to get a size larger than the minimum you need and run it at less than full speed, like 50%. It makes them whisper quiet, more energy efficient, prolongs their life, and gives you flexibility down the road.
Couldn't agree more. Plus, if you upgrade, your pump would be adequate until you can find another over powered pump.

I run my pump at 30%.

Reef Geek 3D Printing

My advice on DC pumps is to get a size larger than the minimum you need and run it at less than full speed, like 50%. It makes them whisper quiet, more energy efficient, prolongs their life, and gives you flexibility down the road.

Yes I agree I would rather run 50% or less
Years ago when I ran the MP10's (prior to quite drives) anything over 50% they started to get loud.

With that said I'm leaning towards ordering the Nero 5. I like the compact look and think that I can angle them enough on my back wall to work.
Just waiting to see what Black Friday deals are :)

Mine aren’t really loud, but I only go to about 80%. Loud is relative though. Depends on person and location and other equipment.
Mainly just saying quiet drive has made a HUGE improvement in how loud they are.

Yes but they will still be loud at 100. And the glass on the reefer250 is the absolute max the MP10 can handle. I have stall issues every now and again.

Guess he needs mp 40s and run them low flow. Not everyone has a wall to wall tank full of coral. Makes a big difference on flow (way less do to lots of drag) when it’s really full like yours.

Guess he needs mp 40s and run them low flow. Not everyone has a wall to wall tank full of coral. Makes a big difference on flow (way less do to lots of drag) when it’s really full like yours.

But that’s everyone’s goal right?

I’m actually having to change to gyres now because my mp40’s are blasting certain corals and ripping flesh off them.

But that’s everyone’s goal right?

I’m actually having to change to gyres now because my mp40’s are blasting certain corals and ripping flesh off them.
Not mine. I like to keep things reasonably sized so I can have lots of different corals in my tank and have swimming room for my large tangs.

I know it’s only birdsnest but here’s a pic from august till now

bec980cb193e1f7bb1e5a7fc4d9f1b5d.jpg
eb58b5e9ee63f6c2fe64b084b8d14618.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back