Jestersix

Sea hare

with @ryanraff permission, i bought 2 sea hares at all for fish in pleasant hill before they are shutting down in 2 weeks. i have one in my tank and one in qt tank. if anyone wants to utilize them, i am in san leandro.

Reactions: JVU
The passing around of sea hares feels more like borrowed equipment than a DBTC honestly. If you guys (@ryanraff and @jhuynh) want to, we could convert this to an “equipment” thread here and in BARcode, which is more suited to handing them off and keeping track of where they are. Just a thought.

Apologies and condolences. I lost Stanley.

I spoke with @ryanraff yesterday after seeing the hare appearing deflated, after a week of observed algae consumption. Then in a quick turn overnight Saturday, with daily check-ins, appeared much different. I tried supplementing with nori. Isolated him in a dark space. And woke today with obvious decomp. i will have an eye out for a replacement. I feel bad about loosing him under my care, as i now know I should have been supplementing algae, even though there was some in the tank. My inexperience.

Apologies.

Art

I could use a sea hare.... I am in Union City.

IMG_20220117_095949.jpgIMG_20220117_095942.jpg

Can sea hare survive eating chaeto? I have a refugium full of chaeto and liverock (algae on it). I can keep it there after it is done cleaning my new 3rd tank in ugly phase.

Back