got ethical husbandry?

Show off what you got from CFM!!

True, I spent my family leave pay on corals but they all went to my daughters new nano tank so technically it was for her
IMG_3240.jpeg
IMG_3241.jpeg

Did anyone pick up a Stratosphere Zoanthid? That was one item I didn't buy but really wanted to! Another crazy looking coral was this Doughboy mushroom. I couldn’t afford it either. Also missed this Alveapora wasn’t expensive but a color I’ve never seen before.
IMG_3190.jpeg
IMG_3184.jpeg
IMG_3196.jpeg

Last edited:
Those are Jason Fox Acid Trip zoas from yours truly. I've dubbed them "poor man's Strat" for exactly this reason. They look very similar minus the ring pattern that the strats have. I should have more frags ready shortly.

I tried growing strats very early on when they were first introduced but sadly they melted on me. I may try again soon.

Did anyone pick up a Stratosphere Zoanthid? That was one item I didn't buy but really wanted to! Another crazy looking coral was this mushroom. I couldn’t afford it either. Also missed this Alveapora wasn’t expensive but a color I’ve never seen before.View attachment 60394 View attachment 60392View attachment 60393
I have that alve, it's a nice piece. Alves are hard to kill, you should try one - it's an easy goni with a different texture. It's a shame most of them have mediocre coloration.

I'll post pics tomorrow when things aren't so shriveled.

I felt confident enough to grab some more Euphyllia. One biocolor hammer, a pink frammer, and a silly looking torch. I also scored a 12 piece OG Bounce Rhodactis mushroom rock. Unfortunately falsely advertised as OG, my doubts were correct. No buyer's remorse - I fill my tanks with colors and characteristics I like more than "designer" corals.

These guys are situated in my 10g for now under a Kessil 150W Sky Blue. I set my 25g Lagoon up right next to it and it's got my BTAS, but I'm running a Kessil H80 over it until I can get a replacement for my overheating spare 150w SB. I still need to install the two Luxdium Gold pucks in my 16HDs.

20240915_080434.jpg
20240915_080646.jpg
20240915_080417.jpg
20240915_080438.jpg

Last edited:
I felt confident enough to grab some more Euphyllia. One biocolor hammer, a pink frammer, and a silly looking torch. I also scored a 12 piece OG Bounce mushroom rock - I wonder if they'll ever bounce up more! If they do I'll for sure put some back into DBTC.

These guys are situated in my 10g for now under a Kessil 150W Sky Blue. I set my 25g Lagoon up right next to it and it's got my BTAS, but I'm running a Kessil H80 over it until I can get a replacement for my overheating spare 150w SB. I still need to install the two Luxdium Gold pucks in my 16HDs.

View attachment 60397View attachment 60400View attachment 60398View attachment 60401
Those are OGs? I thought those were normal rhodactis that were supposed to bounce. Great score!

I picked up this guy. Supposedly called a Japanese Tube Anemone, but searching the internet tubes doesn’t turn up anything. Robert thinks I just spent a lot of money on some pretty aptasia We’ll see how it does. Sure is bright though, you can see even just sitting on the kitchen counter it looks light a highlighter.

Attachments

• IMG_4597.jpeg
    IMG_4597.jpeg
    63.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4585.jpeg
    IMG_4585.jpeg
    92.4 KB · Views: 40
I picked up this guy. Supposedly called a Japanese Tube Anemone, but searching the internet tubes doesn’t turn up anything. Robert thinks I just spent a lot of money on some pretty aptasia We’ll see how it does. Sure is bright though, you can see even just sitting on the kitchen counter it looks light a highlighter.
They sure are bright

They do better in cooler water.

They do better in cooler water.

Ah thanks for the link! I asked and the dealer said he had kept it for over six months with the rest of his BTAs without an issue. I run my system at 78. I’ll report back if it makes it As a side note diving in Japan is on my bucket list. Would be wild to see a whole grouping of these in the wild.

I felt confident enough to grab some more Euphyllia. One biocolor hammer, a pink frammer, and a silly looking torch. I also scored a 12 piece OG Bounce mushroom rock - I wonder if they'll ever bounce up more! If they do I'll for sure put some back into DBTC.

View attachment 60397View attachment 60400View attachment 60398View attachment 60401
Those are definitely just regular rhodactis and not OG bounce shrooms. Did the vendor tell you they were OGs? And hopefully they didn't charge you OG prices. If so please share the vendor name as we want to make sure to not support those type of sales (not speaking this from my vendor side but as a hobbyist looking out for other hobbyists). Aside from that, nice pick ups!

Last edited:
Back