High Tide Aquatics

Sicce SDC pump experience?

gmdcdvm

Supporting Member
Hello,
I am looking for the quietest pumps I can find for my two tanks. Anyone have experience with the Sicce SDC pumps? If so how quiet would your rate them? My tanks are in the main part of the house so minimizing noise is important. For some reason the pump sounds bug me more now. They haven’t changed. I just notice them now and can’t let it go. I currently use simplicity plus pumps.
Any other pumps you might recommend I look at?

Gerry

Following.

I’ve been considering the SDC 7.0 or 9.0 for a while now too. Price to specs and reviews, it just hasn’t seemed worth it. If I were to pull the trigger I’d buy one open boxed. I have also read on several forums that they let out a slight buzzing.
I’d love to hear local reefers personal experience too though.

I do really like Vectras, I’ve ran the S2, M1, M2, L1 & L2 in a multitude of tanks. All have been super reliable and dead silent. I also like that they have a proprietary battery back up option.

All that being said, I’m currently running a Jebao 13000 and it has also been super reliable and dead silent. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ haha

I don’t have the SDC but I do have the Syncra Pro 5500 also by Sicce in one of my tanks and it has an annoying buzzing sound but it’s in my living room so I don’t really care too much as I don’t hangout there a lot. When I had a tank in my room I had an M2 and it was dead silent. It was pricey but well worth it I’d say

Following this as well - I don't care about apps or any of the weird controls, I want something rock solid and quiet. Leaning Vectra at this point, but still doing homework.

I know they are controversial, but I have been running a Jebao DCP-6500 since 2017 without any problems. I clean it about twice a year. I run it at about 25% power for my 50g and it is dead silent. (I have it sitting on a silicone mat in the sump)

IMO all those high end app available pumps are over-rated. You set the pump controller once..and done. Love my

Jebao DCW SINE DC Controllable Water Pump (DCW-10000) run at 50-90%

Jebao DCW SINE DC Controllable Water Pump (DCW-5000), white/red run at 90-100%

Quiet, inexpensive, controllable, red match my skimmer. they're so quiet, the only way I know that it's on, is the return nozzles are spitting out water.

I use an SDC 9.0 for water change. The app is OK.

if you want app get the Jebao MDP models

Last edited:
I was running a varios pump before on one tank. It randonmly shut down three times over the years. Thankfully, I happened to be there when it did. I don't know why it shut down. I just unplugged it, plugged it back in, and it started working. But, it left me questioning what would happen if I was not at home. So, I replaced it with the simplicity plus.

Most of the time I can tune out the sound, but usually late night when the house is quiet and I am watching TV it starts to bug me. I feel like I am in the Telltale Heart listening to the hear beat.

I don't need one with an app or anything fancy. Just one I can dial in the flow rate without getting my hands wet.

I know they are controversial, but I have been running a Jebao DCP-6500 since 2017 without any problems. I clean it about twice a year. I run it at about 25% power for my 50g and it is dead silent. (I have it sitting on a silicone mat in the sump)
What is the controversy for these pumps?

What is the controversy for these pumps?
They are too affordable.

Joking aside, I run one for a return and have my vectra on the shelf for backup. My plan was to put the vectra onto the new tank after I shut down the old tank but I didnt really see a reason to do so because the Jaebo was working just fine. Or I was lazy. Both seem to have the same level of noise to my ear. The vectra is on the shelf ready as a backup. I haven't cleaned the Jaebo.

For the smaller sized tanks (up to 75ish gallon display), I’ve started using IM MightyJets everywhere even places where they’re not exactly recommended since they’re really meant for AIO tanks (except for the largest one which is a 2500gph pump). I’ve been plumbing two return lines in all my tanks (up to 75 gallon displays) with one pump each line. They work great, are tiny and are dead silent DC pumps.

I’ve tried jaebo pumps, but there’s a hum/high pitch sound out of them that I can’t stand.

I’m using 5 of the big sdc return pumps. They have been great! Almost 2 years running with zero issues. They are WiFi controllable and the app is ok. Being that I am at the shop everyday all day, I have yet to connect them to WiFi, lol. They are easy to adjust in the controller. Great pumps!! Also I don’t notice noise coming off them at all really. Let me know if you end up pulling the trigger, I can get one for you.

IMO all those high end app available pumps are over-rated. You set the pump controller once..and done. Love my

Jebao DCW SINE DC Controllable Water Pump (DCW-10000) run at 50-90%

Jebao DCW SINE DC Controllable Water Pump (DCW-5000), white/red run at 90-100%

Quiet, inexpensive, controllable, red match my skimmer. they're so quiet, the only way I know that it's on, is the return nozzles are spitting out water.

I use an SDC 9.0 for water change. The app is OK.

if you want app get the Jebao MDP models

Questions about the Jebao. Do they retain the programming if after losing power? In my setup, I turn off the pump (versus using the feed mode) .

My Jebao does resume after power cut. I cut power from the wall at least once a week for water change.
Thanks. I am tempted to get one for backup. Currently running Varios (no problem so far).
Anyone can educate me on all the different Jebao series (DCQ, DCP, DCT, MDP)?

Don;t intent to hijack this thread. I can start a new thread.

@SepToob
I’m not sure what pumps he’s using
But when I was at his place the other day, it did occur to me how quiet his system is

I am using Varios pumps. I have three of them (2x returns and 1x skimmer - Varios 2, 4, and 6) running in my sump - dead silent.

I also have a Varios 8 on my water changing station. I really like these pumps and have not had a single issue. They are easy to disassemble and clean too!

Back