License to krill

Steinhart Tour 2019

Mozby

Supporting Member
Big thanks to everyone for coming out and making it a fun tour! It was great to see everyone and catch up a bit too. SF cooperated with beautiful weather to boot.

And a huge thanks to our guides, Charles and Ryan.
Thanks for organizing and great to see everyone! This was informative and fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wlachnit

BOD
Staff member
Yes, that was a fantastic tour! Thanks for putting it together John.

Rostato

Supporting Member
Had an awesome time! Really cool to see that they use all the same techniques just on a larger scale.

RandyC

Supporting Member
Had an awesome time! Really cool to see that they use all the same techniques just on a larger scale.
Yeah, I thought it was cool that they were using BRS carbon and GFO, had AI prime HD lights on display tanks, Ranco temperature controllers installed, and were using Carribsea calcium reactor media. All stuff that is readily available to us.

pbh-reef

Supporting Member
Thanks for putting this tour together - I had a great time behind the scenes and meeting members!

Also wanted to add that fish geeks (like me) have a lot to love at the aquarium right now - including dejongs grammas, venustas angels, many roaps butterflyfish including a tinkers, deepwater anthias, peppermint basslet, grunt sculpins and lumpfish, a really cool barnacle blenny display, bandit angelfish and more!

Last edited:

2manyhobbies

BOD
Staff member
@JVU, John you did a great job pulling this together. Although it was my second tour, I really enjoyed our guides and talking with the members. There was so much to talk about that it is too bad we didn't get together outside to talk about it.Please extened my gratitude to our guides and the Academy of Sciences.

musclebenz

Supporting Member
John: Thanks for putting this together. It was very interesting to see they also use the Neptune Apex for monitoring.

Squist

Supporting Member
And No photo is allowed inside?
Photos were allowed most places, but not all, just had to ask first. Everything the public sees allowed photos of course.
If anyone took pics of the “reef lab” (where the coral spawning room is located) would you post a couple pls? I misinterpreted the ‘no photo’ request and left my phone in my pocket the whole time.

grizfyrfyter

Supporting Member
Anyone happen to get a picture of my anemone guards being used? Rich bought some a few months ago.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

JVU

BOD
Staff member
I remembered you wanted us to look. I didn’t see them, but I wasn’t focused on it. Also there were lots and lots pumps, many of which we only saw the backsides of where we couldn’t see into the tank. Just ask him.

Mozby

Supporting Member
I recall noticing some powerheads but didn’t see any nem guards. I might’ve missed it.

Wlachnit

BOD
Staff member
I recall noticing some powerheads but didn’t see any nem guards. I might’ve missed it.

I didn't notice any either...although, there were lots and lots of tanks....could have just missed it.