Cali Kid Corals

Still alive and well

As the song says, "Every now and then I know it's kinda hard to tell, but I'm still alive and well. Sorry I missed the meeting Saturday, I was running the dynamometer at work. Very cool work but strenuous. The tank's looking pretty darn good. The Kline's Bfly did an stupendous job of irradiating all my aiptasia. I don't have a speck of branching SPS left. It just does not survive under my 7 Reefbrite strips. LPS on the other hand is coming back with a vengeance. The fish are doing very well too. I now catagorize the tank as Fish and LPS only. This is despite the fact that montis and cyphastrea are doing very well too. I cut my dosing and light cycle WAY back and see a marked drop in algae and other unpleasant things. I've also cut WAY back on feeding. Even after all these years, I find myself wanting to overfeed the tank ALWAYS. Pictures coming very soon. Did I mention I've got a Model S Sport on order? Plan to take delivery around October of this year. Good for 300 miles per charge (or a little less the way I drive) and zero to 60 mph in 4.4 seconds. Yup, that's with 3 BAR BOD members on board and screaming. hehehehe I continue to enjoy a diverse selection of opportunity at work and have earned a reasonable amount of recognition and status in just over a year there.

PS Any donations of montis, blastos, zoas or cyphastrea that I may have handed out over my more active months would be greatly appreciated making full circle and landing at my place. ( I know you are busy, I'll p/u :cool: I'm thinking Sand Dollar or Rainbow monti, Meteor Shower cyphastrea or any cool zoas. I've got lots of open live rock space and no longer use the "pedistal" approach to SPS display that you may remember predominated the entire front substrate of my tank

Cheers!

Glad to hear you are doing well John. I have a nice branch rock that has some blastos and zoas on them that you can have. LMK what time works for you.

screebo said:
As the song says, "Every now and then I know it's kinda hard to tell, but I'm still alive and well. Sorry I missed the meeting Saturday, I was running the dynamometer at work. Very cool work but strenuous. The tank's looking pretty darn good. The Kline's Bfly did an stupendous job of irradiating all my aiptasia. I don't have a speck of branching SPS left. It just does not survive under my 7 Reefbrite strips. LPS on the other hand is coming back with a vengeance. The fish are doing very well too. I now catagorize the tank as Fish and LPS only. This is despite the fact that montis and cyphastrea are doing very well too. I cut my dosing and light cycle WAY back and see a marked drop in algae and other unpleasant things. I've also cut WAY back on feeding. Even after all these years, I find myself wanting to overfeed the tank ALWAYS. Pictures coming very soon. Did I mention I've got a Model S Sport on order? Plan to take delivery around October of this year. Good for 300 miles per charge (or a little less the way I drive) and zero to 60 mph in 4.4 seconds. Yup, that's with 3 BAR BOD members on board and screaming. hehehehe I continue to enjoy a diverse selection of opportunity at work and have earned a reasonable amount of recognition and status in just over a year there.

PS Any donations of montis, blastos, zoas or cyphastrea that I may have handed out over my more active months would be greatly appreciated making full circle and landing at my place. ( I know you are busy, I'll p/u :cool: I'm thinking Sand Dollar or Rainbow monti, Meteor Shower cyphastrea or any cool zoas. I've got lots of open live rock space and no longer use the "pedistal" approach to SPS display that you may remember predominated the entire front substrate of my tank

Cheers!
HEY HEY glad to hear it :D

Can you dispelled the battery myth for me... not using the vehicle for X amount of time bricks the battery and costs $40K to replace?

Where do I start:
Thank you Jim, I'd love to have the LR with critters
Conrad: Great! Love to stop by or entertain a visit
BAYMAC: Read and dispel rumors http://www.teslamotors.com/blog/plug-it
Jon: Holy Cow, Sand Dollar please let me know where and when we can meet.
Jess: Thanks, Mon. I've not visited your set up as yet. Let me know if a visit to Livermore is appropriate or a connection on the Penninsula

I'll be around this weekend if any of you wish to visit or have me stop by for p/u of a few donations. The tank is NOT bare, it just is in need of a few special new additions. Thanks for all your friendship and support.

screebo said:
Where do I start:
Jess: Thanks, Mon. I've not visited your set up as yet. Let me know if a visit to Livermore is appropriate or a connection on the Penninsula

I'll be around this weekend if any of you wish to visit or have me stop by for p/u of a few donations. The tank is NOT bare, it just is in need of a few special new additions. Thanks for all your friendship and support.

Actually that did not dispel it. It repeats the rumor in a different light and blames to owner for not taking care of it. The blog posts says nothing about 0% from what I saw, if it does, can you point me to it (I'm tired)

BTW (Gresham here)

I have a couple of blastos that are already fragged or ready to frag that I would be happy to offer. All originated with Richard/yardartist.

BAYMAC said:
screebo said:
Where do I start:

Actually that did not dispel it. It repeats the rumor in a different light and blames to owner for not taking care of it. The blog posts says nothing about 0% from what I saw, if it does, can you point me to it (I'm tired)

BTW (Gresham here)
Hey Gresh,

The bricking only occurred on the 1.0 (original) Roadsters. All others after the first release have a sleep feature that shuts down the battery when it reaches 50% of it's capacity. It's good for about another year and then you only have to perform a normal charging cycle. All Model S batteries are well protected as are all Roadsters after the first release. We're still at least 3-4 years ahead of everyone on battery development. We have an original Roadster still around with the equivalent of 10 years and 150K miles of service that still has 85% of it's original battery capacity left. Nope, batteries are not an issue for us despite the nay-Sayers who raised the bricking question.

bondolo said:
I have a couple of blastos that are already fragged or ready to frag that I would be happy to offer. All originated with Richard/yardartist.
Ooo ooo. I have a Merletti from Richard as well as one very cool purple Welsi. If it's not one of those then heck yes, I'd love a head or two.
Thanks for the reply.

screebo said:
BAYMAC said:
screebo said:
Where do I start:

BTW (Gresham here)
Hey Gresh,

The bricking only occurred on the 1.0 (original) Roadsters. All others after the first release have a sleep feature that shuts down the battery when it reaches 50% of it's capacity. It's good for about another year and then you only have to perform a normal charging cycle. All Model S batteries are well protected as are all Roadsters after the first release. We're still at least 3-4 years ahead of everyone on battery development. We have an original Roadster still around with the equivalent of 10 years and 150K miles of service that still has 85% of it's original battery capacity left. Nope, batteries are not an issue for us despite the nay-Sayers who raised the bricking question.

Awesome, thanks for that :D

Thanks all. I'm uploading a video of the tank that looks a bit toilet bowl blue (as Jess would say heheheh) but OK. I'll post it to my tank journel site as an update. It was shot with a Panasonic 3 CCD HD camera that is about 10 years old. Records in Dolby digital but is greatly affected by wind noise. Not much in the condo. Again, heheheh. I look forward to connecting with those of you who have offered to contribute the the new, improved Screebo LED Fish and LPS nearly only tank. MPEG2 video is a bit slow uploading to Photobucket but, "Stay tuned" to watch my fish population frolic around to the sound of Little Feat. This club is the friggin' BEST!

Back