got ethical husbandry?

Sweet geebus I just can not make this sh*t up...

Good timing....
My kid was thinking of a physics major in college.
But this years experience in high school physics has been really dismal. Don't want to give details online, but basically I have been teaching him.
Fine for circuits, magnetics, and that sort of thing. But the rest was 30 years ago. And relativity is coming up .... yikes.
So maybe I will tell him about the "CAA" degree.

Good for the tutoring market though.
Sounds like parents of others in his class have been really struggling to find available tutors.

Only 3 main classes and remaining are electives:

Psychology of Psychoactive Drugs
Anthropology of Cannabis
Introduction to Cannabis Studies

Surprised no cultivation class.

Good timing....
But this years experience in high school physics has been really dismal. Don't want to give details online, but basically I have been teaching him.
Fine for circuits, magnetics, and that sort of thing. But the rest was 30 years ago. And relativity is coming up .... yikes.

Sounds like parents of others in his class have been really struggling to find available tutors.
Well for high school physics, I'm guessing the extent of relativity is special relativity which mathematically is slapping a factor of 'gamma' on everything you've already taught him in physics (almost). But seriously, stay away from trying to explain 'paradoxes' and you you'll be fine.

Good timing....

My thoughts on the OP aside, plenty of other interesting technical fields depending on what sticks with him.
EM fields and I don't get along, and for that matter neither does much math past basic calculus. Didn't stop me from going down the mechanical route and doing well so far. Substantially more applied than pure physics, but it's worked out well.

My thoughts on the OP aside, plenty of other interesting technical fields depending on what sticks with him.
EM fields and I don't get along, and for that matter neither does much math past basic calculus. Didn't stop me from going down the mechanical route and doing well so far. Substantially more applied than pure physics, but it's worked out well.
His current plan is to do to Math, with a lean toward physics, so I am not really worried. That can lead to many things.
Just frustrated on what one bad teacher can do.
He is definitely better at math than I was at his age, and perhaps at any age, so it might be a better plan in general anyway.

I feel your pain on EM ... remembering Maxwells Equations .... augh ... which quickly drove me to digital circuits.

Back