Jestersix

Tank 66Lx30Hx22W?

euod

Supporting Member
What are the pros and cons on building a tank this dimensions? I would like to do 66Lx22Hx30W but that ain't gonna happen. Would you do it?

A bit too thin for my tastes. Going to 30 inches tall means you need thicker material, which even further removes from the front to back depth. I mean I've seen beautiful tall thin tanks, but thins is not something I would ever do again unless it was a QT tank or something non-display in nature.

I would recommend against it.

Tall and thin is not uncommon for fish-only.
Gives the appearance of more room, no place in back for fish to hide.
(Not a good thing for the fish)

Remember that it will look even thinner with water in it.
Everything will look jammed together toward the front.

Hard to reach the bottom with your arm.
In fact, I often recommend people measure their own arm, then think twice about tank depth.

Curious : What is wrong with 66Lx22Hx30W?
That would be good for a reef tank.

Pretty sweet tank near your dimensions on RC right now... Seems like a good deal for all that's included. ;)

Thanks Icon for throwing a curve ball in there.:) I keep hearing a "No" from everyone (thanks), reaffirming my first hesitation.
Here is the deal, I found a beautiful stand 66lx22wx37h built like a tank for sale but it would only take a 125 gal nicely. I want an upgrade, so at best, it would be 66lx 22w x 30h, 188 gal. It would be like building a bad house on a great foundation so I, ...I, ok I won't do it:)

Pretty sweet tank near your dimensions on RC right now... Seems like a good deal for all that's included. ;)

Saw it and it is 60Lx30Wx24H. Good deal, too.

24" H is ideal. 3o" is ok and I can live with it.

After all of these discussions it got me to really think about how I can improve the quality environment for my existing and future livestocks. I know clearly that if I was to upgrade it's gotta be a longer tank. I would go no less than 84"L x 24"W x 24"H. The best scenario is 84"Lx30W x 24"H.

After all of these discussions it got me to really think about how I can improve the quality environment for my existing and future livestocks. I know clearly that if I was to upgrade it's gotta be a longer tank. I would go no less than 84"L x 24"W x 24"H. The best scenario is 84"Lx30W x 30"H.

Fixed it for you, lol

Back