Neptune Aquatics

Tank Moving Help in Elk Grove (edit: now Dublin) area Sunday 12/18

CaseyP

Treasurer
BOD
So, I'm thinking about joining the 200+ gallon club :D. I'm getting in line to borrow suction cups, will build/rent a couple dollies, van rental, straps, etc.

Only issue right now is that the tank is in Elk Grove. Checking to see if there's anyone in the area that can possibly help? It would be to help lift and load the tank, stand, and some equipment. No livestock transfers.

Do it! Nice sizable upgrade! I can help once you get it back to Dublin. I have 4 10" suction cups you can borrow if needed.
Thank you, appreciate it! Will definitely reach out for help when the time comes.

Tank pickup with be in the next 2 weeks, depending on when we have enough folks. We have 3 maybe 4 people right now but will definitely need 5. It's a Red Sea S-1000. Tank alone is 570lbs o_O

The plan is to pick it up and drop off the tank in my garage same day. Then 2nd week of January, move the tank into the house and set it up.

So the good news is we found loading help in Elk Grove, it just has to be this Sunday afternoon. I'll make a separate thread to get help for unloading into the garage in Dublin.

@phc567 that may work! Originally I was going to rent a U-Haul van. Can definitely pay for gas, and frags (torches, gonis) if u want. I'll PM you to see if the timing works.

Man this club is great! I can only hope to give back as much as it's given myself and others.

@dswong01 @Coral reefer the plan is to load it up around 2pm so will be back in Dublin around 4:30pm. Does that timing work? We're just going to unload it from the van into the garage.

ASSEMBBBBBLEEE

@Coral reefer @Arvin R As the resident experienced big tank movers, how many people would you say is minimum to move a 7ft 200+ gallon tank, and what's a comfortable number of people? I'll start a PM with everyone here to coordinate. Thank you thank you in advance!

Back