High Tide Aquatics

Tank tour: 4th stop, Arnold

Ibn

Arnold's lone female squarespot anthias (Arnold, check p. 574, upper left, of Scott's Reef Fishes, volume 1). ;)

D2X_9519.jpg

D2X_9520.jpg

D2X_9521.jpg

D2X_9523.jpg

D2X_9524.jpg

D2X_9526.jpg

D2X_9527.jpg

D2X_9528.jpg

D2X_9529.jpg

D2X_9533.jpg

D2X_9535.jpg

D2X_9539.jpg

D2X_9540.jpg

D2X_9541.jpg

D2X_9551.jpg

D2X_9552.jpg

Its a monti yes- platformis...or something? Eric thanks for the fish ID, that's what I thought it was.....I can't believe you didn't post a full tank shot or pics of my favorite things in the tank...my clams. : ) J/k great pics.

Cause I didn't take any of those. Only thing close to it is in #10 w/the side shot of the tank. You can see part of the C. gigas and the squamosa behind it. :D

Art should be able to show some full tank shots. He was shooting those and I was shooting macros.

Eric, no problems just teasing...still great pics. I can't wait to see your tank.

I said I would post alittle about our tanks so here it is.

Tank-
4x2x2 120g tenecor tank.- dual overflow -small sump with a- iwaki return pump returns 3 pipes into the tank.

1 vortec pump for additional flow.

Lighting-
36" aquamedic dual 250 20k HQI with dual 39watt T5 little and
36" sunpod Dual 150 20k HQI lighting ( I think the side tank pics is one with only 1 light on)
3 coralife 1 watt moonlights that i leave on all day long.

Filtration-
No Skimmer (for past 9 months)- No filter sock - filtration is maintained by 5 gallon water changes once a week, 1 small bag of carbon, and 12 clams ( 2 gigas, 2 squamies, 2 hippos, 1 crocea, 5 deresas of different sizes.....lost my 2 maxima's )
Lots of live rock and a shallow sand bed.

Additional-
I dose lime water twice a week ( 5 gallons drip in) and sometime some iodine
A small fan to maintain temp
a Calcium Reactor
No Heater, No refug. No Cheato, that's it ....pretty simple setup

When the full tank shot comes up you can see I need a bigger tank......like Lapson's maybe. Not quite as full as Waylands yet. One day I plan to write down all the livestock I have in my tank, but I was going for a mixed reef, with alot of diversity. Thanks for looking at my tank.

Well if we're being totally correct with the latin name.... :) Montipora peltiformis You don't capatilize the last name and both need to be in italics :D

It's keeping it's color very nicely :) Look just like mine in fact :)

Your tank looked awsome Arnold. I really enjoy these tank tours, I hope there was more at other locations. During the BARE days, we would have tank tours at least twice a year. It gave us a chance to see what people are doing to be successful. There was a reefer in Alameda who had one of the most beautiful and mature tank without using a skimmer like you. All she had was a refugium. Somtimes, I think I learn the most from these tours. Also, people are more relax and you really get to know them. Thanks again for putting it together.

Thanks Patrick, I like doing tank tours too. Why don't you organize one for your area and we can check out your stuff.

Its always fun to look at tanks with people who appreciate them.....I have friends who just look at the tank for a minute and lose interest.....go figure? I am waiting for Art to post the full tank shots he took. : )

I know what you mean Arnold. Mine was more like, "Oh...Nemo" and than doing something else. Most are pretty interested though. I give them 2 minutes. LOL

I will see if there are any interest from the East Bay people to show their tanks. However, I'll wait a bit so we don't get tank tour burn out.

Back