Welcome to BAR - the Bay Area's premier saltwater hobbyists hub!

tek5 vs icecap reflector

Supporting Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2007
Messages
4,924
Cool I think the benefit of them mainly from what people say is the higher polish. 98% vs 96% for icecap.
 
Guest
Joined
May 22, 2006
Messages
1,383
[quote author=iani link=topic=5148.msg63498#msg63498 date=1226437511]
Cool I think the benefit of them mainly from what people say is the higher polish. 98% vs 96% for icecap.
[/quote]

I doubt 2% makes a difference. Also once they get stained - they all look the same.
 

Roc

Guest
Joined
Apr 25, 2008
Messages
2,010
[quote author=Zepplock link=topic=5148.msg63556#msg63556 date=1226455340]
[quote author=iani link=topic=5148.msg63498#msg63498 date=1226437511]
Cool I think the benefit of them mainly from what people say is the higher polish. 98% vs 96% for icecap.
[/quote]

I doubt 2% makes a difference. Also once they get stained - they all look the same.
[/quote]

Does the splash guard prevent them from getting stained, I ask because I bought my light used and have had it running for awhile and my reflectors show no signs of being stained, however I have an actual aquatinics fixture so it is fully enclosed in a case........
 
Guest
Joined
Aug 29, 2007
Messages
9,048
a splash guard does, but it also imparts a loss much larger than 2%
 

Roc

Guest
Joined
Apr 25, 2008
Messages
2,010
[quote author=Gomer link=topic=5148.msg74011#msg74011 date=1231791160]
a splash guard does, but it also imparts a loss much larger than 2%
[/quote]

So your saying I should remove my splash guard?
 
Guest
Joined
Aug 29, 2007
Messages
9,048
If you want to prevent splash/bubble burst pitting, and airflow control (assuming forced air cooling), then no.
 
Top