High Tide Aquatics

Tenuis care

I believe b ionic have only alk and ca. Pure 2 parts.

Not that I would worry about trace elements this early.
I would only dose trace elements if am testing for the elements otherwise your water change should replenish trace elements from your salt mix..

It does. Here are the ingredients

f96f06e0f01f3e65f18c6d652ec7cab4.jpg

b0239b9d7fa4e9e855b92bb792a562c4.jpg

The elements that are missing are in the transition elements they sell.

It does. Here are the ingredients

f96f06e0f01f3e65f18c6d652ec7cab4.jpg

b0239b9d7fa4e9e855b92bb792a562c4.jpg

The elements that are missing are in the transition elements they sell.
Oh wow, you are right, that's many of the trace elements already...I never noticed that. Always thought these are pure ca and alk..its been a while since I used additives..was this the regular 2 parts b ionic? You say transition is this another product?

Oh wow, you are right, that's many of the trace elements already...I never noticed that. Always thought these are pure ca and alk..its been a while since I used additives..was this the regular 2 parts b ionic? You say transition is this another product?

Yup. Regular old b ionic 2 part
Here is the transition elements

Again, I have no idea why most people aren’t using this. The transition elements will last me like 2 years and I buy the 4 gallon jugs of 2 part for $80-90 depending if it’s on sale.

68b2eb28b29cffb9460fc583d666b5d5.jpg

ef7e9ca4c85050e82f4ebf30919ac80c.jpg

Yup. Regular old b ionic 2 part
Here is the transition elements

Again, I have no idea why most people aren’t using this. The transition elements will last me like 2 years and I buy the 4 gallon jugs of 2 part for $80-90 depending if it’s on sale.

68b2eb28b29cffb9460fc583d666b5d5.jpg

ef7e9ca4c85050e82f4ebf30919ac80c.jpg
Never even heared of this one lol. Wow I never knew that b ionic have all major and minor elements in 3 bottles..that's awesome

So who wants to buy my BRS 2 parts packets I have... lol. Thanks @Rostato for the info. Btw update to that tenuis it’s back to great PE... and I didn’t change anything... but I noticed when light goes dim it tends to retract polyps.

Besides the Iron, Mg & zinc does B-Ionic provide any concentration info for all those other ingredients (potassium...) they add to the two-part and transition elements?

For me it is a dealbreaker if manufacturers don’t list all the ingredients and their relative concentrations.

Besides the Iron, Mg & zinc does B-Ionic provide any concentration info for all those other ingredients (potassium...) they add to the two-part and transition elements?

For me it is a dealbreaker if manufacturers don’t list all the ingredients and their relative concentrations.
I would think they follow general ratio consetrations (NSW or lab practices) following the major element its mixed with. Something similar to red sea programs where they have you dose all major and minor elements based on the alk consumption.
Personally I would not dose trace element individually regardless if I know the concentration or not unless I test for the element to avoid over dosing. So if I do not test icp I would rather use one of these pre mixed solutions that been in the market for a while like the b ionic ir red sea program.

I think if they did they would be giving away their recipe. I wouldn’t do that if I was them. Sounds like a horrible business plan.

For what it’s worth I’ve seen @Rostato tank and it’s amazing so I’m happy to try his method at some point. And I do feel a little uneasywith the fact that I’m not dosing equal 2 parts and mag is staying around 1500. Thanks everyone for your feedback.

I think if they did they would be giving away their recipe. I wouldn’t do that if I was them. Sounds like a horrible business plan.

No but this isn’t Magic Reef Fairy Dust (c) that promises to rid your tank of pests and algae and transform your corals - this is supplementing basic necessary reef major ions, therefore I would treat it like a vitamin I’m giving my kids and require to know what’s in it and how much.

The magic is in the craft not the additives anyway. The value for me in an additive is transparency and batch control. It’s such a relief to find a brand where you can trust the quality control and not have to ICP test regularly to check what is actually in the product.

It’s outback of ratio with ca tho. Should be roughly 3:1
Right so that’s why it puzzles me why ca staying around 350 even tho I’m keeping mag at around 1500... I’m like where is it going?!?! My trochus snails growing really well and produced several offsprings that are growing fast too!!! Calcium hungry snails? Jk

Right so that’s why it puzzles me why ca staying around 350 even tho I’m keeping mag at around 1500... I’m like where is it going?!?! My trochus snails growing really well and produced several offsprings that are growing fast too!!! Calcium hungry snails? Jk
Could be lots of reasons. Shells will definitely use it. Coraline will use it. I don’t recall what salt mix you’re using or what you’re water change routine is. That can effect ca a lot. What test kit are you measuring ca with? Is it expired? Have you checked your results against another test kit?

Could be lots of reasons. Shells will definitely use it. Coraline will use it. I don’t recall what salt mix you’re using or what you’re water change routine is. That can effect ca a lot. What test kit are you measuring ca with? Is it expired? Have you checked your results against another test kit?
Red Sea salt. 5 gallon every two weeks. Hanna checker. Reagents not expired. I don’t have any other CA test kit but I did get a box of ICP single test, which I was going to send in soon. I do have a bit of coraline growing. I wouldn’t say a lot. Bits here and there.

Back