Jestersix

The *** have I got myself into build

I really love my new Tomini Bristletooth Tang. They only get to 6” and LA shows the minimum tank size at 70g. These guys will clean your rocks all day long.

I really love my new Tomini Bristletooth Tang. They only get to 6” and LA shows the minimum tank size at 70g. These guys will clean your rocks all day long.

Thank you! I really like the looks of that and the Kole tang. Not sure if the tang police will give me crap or not as my tank is just on the edge of suitability for either.

Love you tank.
I was in the same shoe where I started with a planted tank and transition into the "dark side".Still have my 60P as my planted tank.

Would suggest adding to the list for the par meter. I was so off on my Par until I measure it.

Good luck

Love you tank.
I was in the same shoe where I started with a planted tank and transition into the "dark side".Still have my 60P as my planted tank.

Would suggest adding to the list for the par meter. I was so off on my Par until I measure it.

Good luck

Thank you very much! Yup! Definitely need to get it measured pretty soon. Going to raise the lights 2.5" today or tomorrow to get it to 10" and should be in the ballpark numbers BRS posted for the AP9X. Although it'll be nice to be sure.

Decided to add some fish and CUC at the 2 month mark so I did a little shopping at AC last night. So happy to have some beautiful fish in this tank. They've settled in nicely and are eating well. There are a few more fish I'd like to get later and more CUC as the tank gets dirtier.

Yellow Eyed Kole Tang
Lawnmower Blenny
Barnacle Blenny
Yellow Wrasse
Eightline Flasher Wrasse
5x Banded Trochus
8x Cerith (2 in Fuge)
3 Turbo snails (3 in fuge for now)

It's been awhile since I updated this. Had a few big downers along the way. Lost every fish (various reasons) but one after 4 weeks of them seemingly happy and healthy. 4 from the same purchase date in 2 days. Crushed me! Waited awhile and got some more that are doing well. Other big changes are I added a KH Guardian, built a control/power board, picked up a couple Kasa wifi power strips. Also got the Aquamaxx calcium reactor working with a Kamoer XTP-1. Coraline algae took off about the 4-1/2 month mark and started adding easier SPS. Lots going on!

Latest project is that I'm breaking down my 22g long to upgrade it to an IM 75g I picked up off a fellow member here. Transferred a bunch of the corals to this 68g tonight to start the process. What a difference that made in how full this tank feels. So much more color and pop. I'll have to buckle down and learn to frag in a few months. Have a Simplicity 240DC skimmer & Icecap 2k's on the way from black Friday sales. Figure I'll start off using the pair of AI 16HD's from the 22g. Should be enough for softies I hope. Maybe add 2 Orphek bars down the road? Not sure.

Here's a few pics for ya'll. Hope you enjoy!

83wBlqb.jpg

iQxj2HJ.jpg

ye7FgAk.jpg

9t3C983.jpg

fmeMcxi.jpg

nQmszUG.jpg

ptnx5A3.jpg

ivzKQeC.jpg

I’d love to know how you got those pics. Camera? Lights?

A Google Pixel 4 with Reef something something lenses. Stacked the yellow and orange half filters. I really need to learn post processing to fix my DSLR and 60mm macro lens pics. Lighting was just the Kessil AP9X with mostly blues.

Thank you! He's awesome but I haven't seen him in a week. He was getting progressively more skittish after adding more fish to the tank. Now I'm starting to worry about him.

Hmm ok good to know, my fish are kind of dicks to the new kid on the block so that could definitely turn into a problem. He may just find his forever home in the frag tank then!

Haven’t really been keeping up with my tank journals kind of at all. Maybe need to work on that a little bit lol. Anyway I took a picture today and went back and looked at the very first picture of this particular coral and figured out that I’ve had it in my 75g tank for one year and two weeks. So here is a comparison picture of the growth this OG mummy Eye chalice has given me in a year..

Attachments

• D820173A-413F-4AE4-B04D-97CD94789BD0.jpeg
    D820173A-413F-4AE4-B04D-97CD94789BD0.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 104
  • D493FD15-7C8D-4D65-815D-BCB6453D0886.jpeg
    D493FD15-7C8D-4D65-815D-BCB6453D0886.jpeg
    210.3 KB · Views: 103
Haven’t really been keeping up with my tank journals kind of at all. Maybe need to work on that a little bit lol. Anyway I took a picture today and went back and looked at the very first picture of this particular coral and figured out that I’ve had it in my 75g tank for one year and two weeks. So here is a comparison picture of the growth this OG mummy Eye chalice has given me in a year..
Very nice coloration!

Back