Jestersix

The "Legend" of TubeRider's Looong Journey.

houser said:
Wow, very nice hood on that one!
I believe every tank, no matter how insane looking, should have an old-school thermometer. Tell me it's still there?

Mercury?

krittertanks said:
I've seen (in person) a nice 10 x 5 rimless acrylic with SS for the braces . Super sweet tank.

http://reefbuilders.com/2010/10/12/rocky-mountain-reef-tank-twoyear-anniversary-update/

Cool Ill have to do more research on that one, although I guess there's no updates. Any pictures of the SS braces? Looking at everyone else's stuff is quite interesting for me.[/quote]

Steve likes to show it off, and the builder loves to show off his work as well. Lemme see what pics I can get for you.

Episode V The final bout.
A story of Nemo's lost relatives.

The outdoor life support well. A seafood storage container w a skimmer/ ozonator in it. Jeff explained to me the details of an ozone generator. I've been around the stuff, but never really absorbed the concept in detail. The cold storage box is insulated and kept right outside the far end of the tank on the overflow side.

A tale of the clown pair. These clowns were producing edible morsels for the reef in the previous 100 Gallon. The live rock formations were quite different in the previous tank.

The two were dropped into the far side of the tank 12 feet away from their sweet spot! The concerned aquarist had to coex them into finding their spot after he realized what he did =) The pair wouldn't cross the first expanse of rocks for fear of being swallowed!

The center of the reef the brave couple had to face!

Along with the expanse of the reef the couple had to face, there was also a center butte joined seam to deal with. The clown pair thought that the center seam was another impassable barrier to deal with.
Finally "The Sweet Spot" The two haven't ventured any farther than their spot ever since.

A tropical tube worm, Jeff was very proud of. The idea is to keep the tank w open expanses of sand w a light load of life.

Back