Cali Kid Corals

TheRealMadMax Monster Tank Build

Got the dosing DOS system all setup with Robert’s help. Will give me peace of mind when traveling. Also hoping some of the NPS I’ve been struggling with will be happier.

Attachments

• IMG_0173.jpeg
    IMG_0173.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_3898.jpeg
    IMG_3898.jpeg
    53.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_3897.jpeg
    IMG_3897.jpeg
    55.7 KB · Views: 42
Got the dosing DOS system all setup with Robert’s help. Will give me peace of mind when traveling. Also hoping some of the NPS I’ve been struggling with will be happier.
Concerning dosing Oyster-Feat... I have a tip. The larger the surface area of the container, the more the media will stick to the surface. Over time, that will turn into "snot wads" that can block your doser input line. I would suggest only buying what you'll dose in a month. The same is true with Roti-Feast, Tigger-Feast, Beta-Brine, Mysis-Feast and Arcti-Pods.

Concerning dosing Oyster-Feat... I have a tip. The larger the surface area of the container, the more the media will stick to the surface. Over time, that will turn into "snot wads" that can block your doser input line. I would suggest only buying what you'll dose in a month. The same is true with Roti-Feast, Tigger-Feast, Beta-Brine, Mysis-Feast and Arcti-Pods.
That’s a good tip. Currently if filled to the top that is about one month of dosing. I was considering adding small magnetic stir bars that would mix everything on a schedule. One more thing to break and having magnets enclosed in plastic submerged in liquids over time could cause a problem.

That’s a good tip. Currently if filled to the top that is about one month of dosing. I was considering adding small magnetic stir bars that would mix everything on a schedule. One more thing to break and having magnets enclosed in plastic submerged in liquids over time could cause a problem.

I wouldn't worry about stir bars degrading like that. You benefit from mixing those. If you are worried, make a yearly plan to replace the stir bar. They tend to be stronger then most impellers, and have far less material in them than any pump that would be in your tank.

Back