Reef nutrition

To forgo the protein skimmer

Wash it out with some dawn dish washing soap and hot water. I wonder if there’s some kind of film on/in the skimmer or pump.
It’s def the water in the tank. It was totally resolved in the tub of water but the moment I added it back. Boom. Back to overflows.

More carbon and w/c

I forgot to mention a solution that extended the life of my CO2 scrubber media.

I put an Apex controlled solenoid on the Skimmer intake with a Y connector. The solenoid was closed by default and forced air to get pulled through the scrubber. Whenever the pH reached 8.25 I had the solenoid open and the Skimmer would pull normal room air.

I forgot to mention a solution that extended the life of my CO2 scrubber media.

I put an Apex controlled solenoid on the Skimmer intake with a Y connector. The solenoid was closed by default and forced air to get pulled through the scrubber. Whenever the pH reached 8.25 I had the solenoid open and the Skimmer would pull normal room air.
I have the same set up. It works well. When it’s not overflowing. Still at carbon and more water changes.

Does make wonder though just how safe epoxy is though. Recently loss an algae eater and a sand sifter. I mean if you continually “ate glue” -albeit dried -for awhile -I wonder how the body would react

Did you try removing the epoxy? I wonder if it was a bad lot and will just keep leaching out whatever it is.

Did you try removing the epoxy? I wonder if it was a bad lot and will just keep leaching out whatever it is.
Been trying to do that through W/C & carbon. Don't necessarily want to uproot corals per se as I think it will make the problem worse.
But what is a bad lot? Either way, after this is resolved no more two little fishies epoxy. What is a bad epoxy lot @Darkxerox ?
Def in the water column as I took out the skimmer, put in tub (same water depth) with fresh SW-fine
then add some water from tank-overflow. Add carbon directly to venturi as to absorb residue-that works and go back to normal.
Put back in sump-back to overflow.
Next step is to add a small ball valve in the intake hose as their is no air control and hopefully a 10-15% reduction in air does the trick-just water intake valve (which is already at lowest value)
More W/C and keep with the carbon.

Bad lot as in it may have been improperly manufactured. I'd remove what's in the tank and see if that improves things.

Back