Kessil

Top Notch Corals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, another place in Burlingame...Hopefully that normalizes pricing I suppose.

'Tim and Kenneth' ... - Those names don't ring a bell to me. Anyone have an idea?

Thanks for the BAR invite Dan. Top Notch Corals is a shop ran by 2 brothers with the same reefing passion. We have thrown our heart and soul into putting this shop together for fellow hobbyist. I myself,Tim have been in the hobby for 13+ years and my brother Ken for 9. We have grown with this hobby and strive to learn and pass on our knowledge with all fellow hobbyist. Going from hobbyist to vendors is a very tuff transaction and we definitely aren't claiming to know it all. I have kept very successful tanks in the pass starting out with a FOWLR then LPS and now I consider myself a SPS freak! I've always been a fan of other LFS such as Aquatic Central and I can't say enough good things about Robert at Neptunes. Our goal is to provide our locals with the healthiest pest free corals and the knowledge to keep them successfully. I am also a fan of the DBTC program and am interested in donating coral to contributing members in the near future. I have met JIM/gimmito and have been going back and forth with a couple of other members of BAR and really hope we qualify to become sponsors here at BAR,

Tim
TopNotchCorals

Thanks for the BAR invite Dan. Top Notch Corals is a shop ran by 2 brothers with the same reefing passion. We have thrown our heart and soul into putting this shop together for fellow hobbyist. I myself,Tim have been in the hobby for 13+ years and my brother Ken for 9. We have grown with this hobby and strive to learn and pass on our knowledge with all fellow hobbyist. Going from hobbyist to vendors is a very tuff transaction and we definitely aren't claiming to know it all. I have kept very successful tanks in the pass starting out with a FOWLR then LPS and now I consider myself a SPS freak! I've always been a fan of other LFS such as Aquatic Central and I can't say enough good things about Robert at Neptunes. Our goal is to provide our locals with the healthiest pest free corals and the knowledge to keep them successfully. I am also a fan of the DBTC program and am interested in donating coral to contributing members in the near future. I have met JIM/gimmito and have been going back and forth with a couple of other members of BAR and really hope we qualify to become sponsors here at BAR,

Tim
TopNotchCorals

Ahh JEEZ FINALLY! I was hoping another store would open up nearby.
Glad to see it happening. Are there anymore details?

Ahh JEEZ FINALLY! I was hoping another store would open up nearby.
Glad to see it happening. Are there anymore details?
We originally announced our grand opening for last weekend the 27th and had to push it to August 10th due to some corals and equipment arriving late, definitely not saying the shop will be at its full potential on the 10th either but everyone that attends will get a better idea of what we're all about. As far as corals go, we are trying to build up stock to please all types of hobbyist. Our drygoods stock list consist of items we have used on our own systems and are known to work such as BRS brand GFO, Carbon, Magnesium, Calcium and Alk, Ecotech Marine Powerheads and Hydor, Chemi Pure Elite Carbon, Kent Marine additives and Brightwell in the near future. We have a lot we are trying to bring in to stock and can always bring in as requested.

Also Felicia, our fish source is a very reliable one and we are guaranteed that our fish are healthy, eating and pre quarantined prior to receiving them on our end.

Sounds good! Since you can't stock too large of a variety, will you be able to order specific fish for people? I am in the process of setting up a new tank and will be looking for some specific fish in the next couple weeks/months.

Seeing as how you're a SPS freak plus the store name, are you guys planning on stocking up on some quality named and other unnamed SPS pieces? I'm thinking along the lines of icefire echinata, orenji monti, red dragon, mr. pacman, etc.

TopNotchCorals is currently in the application process of BAR sponsorship. We look forward to welcoming Tim and Keith as sponsors assuming they meet the high standards of livestock husbandry of BAR's existing sponsors.

BAR's policy is to limit postings of a commercial nature to sponsoring organizations, particularly in the case of retailers carrying livestock, as we take diligent care to ensure the retailers are in alignment with BAR's mission statement: to promote, foster, and encourage education and appreciation for the ethical husbandry and propagation of marine life.

To that effect we have requested TNC to refrain from posting until due diligence has been conducted. It is expected to be completed by next week, however if you absolutely cannot wait a few more days, please PM Tim directly with any inquiries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back