Jestersix

Trident reagent 6 month supply?

JVU

President
BOD
I’m going to need more Trident regent within the next 1.5 months, so I was looking for another 6 month supply online. Every site I saw is out of stock. Several have the 2 month supply, but of course it’s 30% more expensive, and just another annoying chore to deal with more frequently to have to find/buy every 2 months.

Does anyone know if anywhere has a 6 month supply to purchase? Or if Neptune is even making the 6 month supply anymore? If anyone has a lead they’d rather not post for whatever reason, feel free to PM me.

I think they are claiming they are only doing the 2 month so there is enough to go around... But it's also quite a bit more expensive, so I'm a little skeptical... That was the answer I got when I asked at AC a few weeks back.

I don’t know about that reasoning... sites let you buy 2 of the 2-month supplies (4 months) at a time and lots of places have it in stock, so obviously they are able to keep up with demand, and don’t have a problem with people buying more than 2 months at a time. Maybe just a coincidence but if you buy the allowed 2X 2-month kit it’s about the same price as buying the unavailable 6-month kit.

Anyhow without casting too much negative energy Neptune’s way because COVID already sucks enough for everyone, I’d like to know if anyone has a lead on a 6-month supply.

It was available when I got mine. $270-300/year vs $200 isn't the end of the world, but it doesn't feel great, especially because it's not like there is a difference between the 6 month and 2 month. it's just 3 2 month boxes with a band around them and only 1 label.

I don’t know about that reasoning... sites let you buy 2 of the 2-month supplies (4 months) at a time and lots of places have it in stock, so obviously they are able to keep up with demand, and don’t have a problem with people buying more than 2 months at a time. Maybe just a coincidence but if you buy the allowed 2X 2-month kit it’s about the same price as buying the unavailable 6-month kit.

Anyhow without casting too much negative energy Neptune’s way because COVID already sucks enough for everyone, I’d like to know if anyone has a lead on a 6-month supply.

Send a PM to Jon or Vincent and ask. I suspect it may be a supply issue as well because of Covid.

sorry but neptunes said over a YouTube broadcast that they are only concentrating on the 2 months supply for now due to covid. just gotta pay for the higher price 2 months supply until they are back at full production.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

sorry but neptunes said over a YouTube broadcast that they are only concentrating on the 2 months supply for now due to covid. just gotta pay for the higher price 2 months supply until they are back at full production.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
That stinks. You should be able to submit 3 receipts with the two month supply on each and get a rebate or something that equals the difference in the costs.

The reason we are only shipping 2 month reagent kits at this time is to ensure that EVERYONE gets to keep their Trident running. For every 6 month vs 2 month kit, we serve 1 vs 3.

The good news is 6 month kits should be available in the near future. The best guess is 3-4 weeks. THIS IS A GUESS, NOT A PROMISE!

Reactions: JVU
The reason we are only shipping 2 month reagent kits at this time is to ensure that EVERYONE gets to keep their Trident running. For every 6 month vs 2 month kit, we serve 1 vs 3.

The good news is 6 month kits should be available in the near future. The best guess is 3-4 weeks. THIS IS A GUESS, NOT A PROMISE!
Vincent, thank you very much for the explanation and the update! As I’m sure you know well, a little transparency and communication goes a long way toward customer happiness (and rumor reduction).

So it sounds like the right approach is to buy an individual 2-month kit when needed, and look for 6-month kits to come soon, maybe within the next 2-month window.

Personally, I just went ahead and sourced 3X 2-month kits over the weekend. Since I am running DOS, and forgetful, good to have emergency supplies to buffer.

Not quite TP-hoarding... but I am running extra tests than the 4 tests per day while I am dialing and re-stabilizing my system. Worth the extra $34

What's the lastest on the 6 month supply of reagent?

6 month reagent kits are in stores.

Neptune Aquatics has some.

Aquatic Collection has them as well.

232dbd3e1c6c71ae6f468bb0ebe363aa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6 month reagent kits are in stores.

Neptune Aquatics has some.

Aquatic Collection has them as well.

232dbd3e1c6c71ae6f468bb0ebe363aa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Do you stock any in the upper East Bay LFS’s or who can ship? I love those 2 stores but the 1.5h+ drive is hard to justify for me.

Back