Our mission

Tunze ATO

Question...I have an Osmolator with the sensor and the float located in the sump in the return pump chamber. It runs about every minute or two for 20-30 seconds. Is this normal?

It might be if you either have a large tank with lots of evaporation or have the pump flow turned down on a smaller tank. The real questions are, is it regulating your water level correctly, and are you going through the expected amount of fresh water?

That seems like more on-time than I get with my 200g system with stock osmolator settings.

That said, it is normal for it to trigger many times per day in short bursts.

Covering the tank will also reduce your gas exchange and can have an effect on ph and the cover will reduce par making it to the water, especially as it gets dirty.

Is there an issue with it topping off the tank this frequently?

It turns on every couple minutes to add more water? Is this on your 105g? That sounds crazy to me; I have the same tank plus Osmos on 3 other tanks and none go off every few minutes. Sounds like it needs adjustment. I would check the manual - hard copy or online.

b1315a6784c9e159acb89ccbb394be28.jpg
8111251399738bf704f9d836220170df.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i emailed Tunze and they responded right away. I think it's because the return hose is submerged in the sump. I moved the ATO tank around and didn't pay attention to that. It started when I changed the reservoir location, so likely the culprit. tank isn't overfilling, so likely a siphon.

That's an interesting way to *slowly* dilute your salinity, although likely not much given your ATO volume.
In the future when you add your dosers, make sure the dosing lines are above the water line as well. That one only matters if a dosing line breaks, but I've seen it.

i will square it away this evening and see if it cures it. I checked salinity this morning and it's at 35 per my refractometer, but apex is showing 31.

Back