Neptune Aquatics

Two part dosing thoughts?

rygh

BOD
BOD
I currently dose two-part, standard DIY mixture from BRS.
Calcium chloride + Soda ash.

I have noticed a bit of a trend toward the fancier two or three parts, away from DIY.
They add in Strontium and many other things.
They balance chlorides with sulfates and so on.

Useful? Waste of money?

Any opinions on really good two/three part mixtures?

For not much more money than DIY, I suggest the 4 gallon tubs of B ionic.

Gives you two part plus most of the trace elements needed. You can use their transition elements of you need the rest dosed.

I liked the premade just so I do not care about the mixing concentration and dose both parts based of the alk consumption.
Before when I used to mix myself it was hard to do that and I think it was due to the diffrent dilutions in the 2 parts.
Then with khg and being able to know my daily alk consumption in which I adjusted both my ca and alk without testing ca daily. Just dose equal parts.

I think money diffrence is not that much.. I used to use evs b-ionic the 1l jugs.

If your consumption is high, eventually a carx might make sense on long runs.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So no problems with solid chunks in the Alk bucket?
I have read some bad reviews on the concentrate being hard to get clear.

Yes, but if you fill it and mix it’ll settle in a couple days. Just don’t do it last minute.

Or you can sit the bucket in a tub of hot water after you fill it as well. The chunks only settle at the bottom, so it doesn’t take much water.

Totally worth it in my opinion

Interesting info.
So 8 gallon B-ionic is $80. The BRS mix is $7.50/gallon.
So yes, $10 vs $7.5 is minimal difference.
But how "fair" is that comparing pricing on ESV's largest bulk amount versus BRS's smallest amount? 6+ gallons worth of BRS is only $23 or so. Then out becomes a bit more of a gap. Ultimately though the value it's based on how looking you go through it, if you go through a gallon a week then it's a bit different than a gallon a month

But how "fair" is that comparing pricing on ESV's largest bulk amount versus BRS's smallest amount? 6+ gallons worth of BRS is only $23 or so. Then out becomes a bit more of a gap. Ultimately though the value it's based on how looking you go through it, if you go through a gallon a week then it's a bit different than a gallon a month
True. Those huge bins are much cheaper. And for that matter, BRS is not really that cheap.

If you go thought s gallon a week you need a CArx lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back