High Tide Aquatics

Two Power Outage and Aquacontroller Related Questions

MolaMola

Supporting Member
1) If you use an aquacontroller, how does that fit into your battery backup system that automatically turns on the basics in case of outage?
2) If Apex Heartbeat notifies you that it has been disconnected, does that mean power or internet connection or either one?
Over the weekend it notified me it was disconnected, then reconnected, and from the Fusion dashboard and logs I thought everything was fine until yesterday when I found out it had been disconnected for over 24 hours. Reset it today, but getting alerts again and cannot connect to Fusion. Just a network issue?

It can be either one. Heartbeat is your unit checking in with the Neptune server. The reason is your internet connection or power or anything else that would cause it to not contact their server.

At least that’s my understanding of it. Maybe and expert can chime in. My router went down for 20 minutes while I was home and no other problems were present and I received a notification. I reset my router and everything went back to normal

I have had some issues with Apex reconnecting also.
Key:
Reset router and make sure internet is up and working.
THEN reset Apex.

Okay. My situation is massive school network so no router control. I found out that before expected power outages the tech peeps will shut down the network because they are worried about servers at every site. Oh well, at least they allow my Apex on via Ethernet since they deny WiFi access. Scary how dependent school district is on it - office was madly printing out emergency contacts for a thousand kids and teachers were printing attendance rosters. As with many homes, our huge solar arrays feed the grid and not schools directly.

One option is to create a wifi hot-spot on your cell phone, and have Apex connect to that.
It only works when you are there of course, but it does work when normal net is down.

Back