Our mission

Volunteers Needed! 05/20/23 Cali Kid Regional Frag Swap

20230519_221437.jpg

Looking for volunteers to help with our upcoming Frag Swap on 9/18 at Cali Kid Corals in Concord. As mentioned in the post about the swap, BAR will be running the actual swap part and Cali Kid will be running everything else, including tables/chairs/venue/food/drinks/kid’s activities/store. Volunteers will also get store credit!

Positions we need help with (I will edit as we get volunteers):

Setup (4) 10:30-11:30 - Setting up the tables, chairs, canopies, and all the BAR stuff. Includes various things like frag table signs, registration stuff, raffle stuff, BAR outreach table stuff, etc. Whatever is needed.

Registration (2) 11:00-12:00 - Greeting, name tags, picking letter assignments, verifying 3 corals brought or bought.

Coral runners (2) 11:00-12:00 - Checking coral labels/containers, sorting the corals by type, and placing on the swap tables.

Frag Swap patrol/round barker (2) 12:00-3:30 - Keep track of (and announcing) which lettered swap group is up, which is next, time for the round, and that people are following the picking rules.

Raffle coordinator (2) 11:00-2:00ish - Organize display of the raffle items, sell raffle tickets, help people with questions, and run the raffle part around half way through the swapping rounds.

Photographer (1) 12:00-3:30 - Take some pictures of the various aspects of the event and post on the site later. Does not require a special camera or special experience. Anyone with interest and at least a modern camera phone.

BAR Outreach (2) 11:30-3:30 - Since this is an open regional swap, many of the attendees won’t be BAR members. We will have a table set up with examples of the equipment people can borrow and other perks of membership, like we do at CFM. Help people understand BAR and sign up as guests or supporting members if they want to. DBTC offerings will be kept here as well.

Clean up (4) 3:30ish to end - Generally goes pretty quickly when multiple people are helping.

Organizer: @Darkxerox @Cbruno80
Setup (4): @WillU @Darkxerox @JVU @WillU
Registration (2): @DaddyHook @dswong01
Coral Runners (2): @Invictus @gmdcdvm
Frag Swap Patrol/Round Barkers (2): @Apon
Raffle Coordinators (2): Will be handled by CaliKid (thanks!)
Photographer (1): @GrumpyDave
BAR Outreach (2): @Srt4eric @Darkxerox
Clean up (4): @JVU @Darkxerox @GrumpyDave
I can help with the breakdown and anything during the event but most likely won’t be there until about 11:30

Hey have these two big chunks of coral can someone help me identify these? And are they allowed for frag swap?

Attachments

• 20230520_082911.jpg
    20230520_082911.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 105
  • 20230520_082927.jpg
    20230520_082927.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 97
Hi this is final open form. This doesnt change and look the same always
I can't tell with all the blue. Just FYI brown toadstool leathers and brown palythoa are not allowed. Use your own color judgement. Otherwise Cali kid is selling frag packs to swap as entry!

I can't tell with all the blue. Just FYI brown toadstool leathers and brown palythoa are not allowed. Use your own color judgement. Otherwise Cali kid is selling frag packs to swap as entry!
Ok thank you. I will be there soon and feel free to put me on volunteer duty as you see fit when i get there.

Agreed. Today was a lot of fun. Good to meet some new people and reconnect with some from before. Thank you to everyone who helped organize and set this up and thanks to Cali Kids for hosting and the great raffle prizes. Can't wait until the next one!
Gerry

Back