Welcome to BAR - the Bay Area's premier saltwater hobbyists hub!

Vortech Pump - Who's getting one - Who has one?

Guest
Joined
Nov 7, 2005
Messages
3,600
Good deal Arnold.

If I decide to get another one I'll contact Justin.

How far from the water's surface do you have it?
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2005
Messages
6,636
because of the rock work, its pretty high for now about 2-3 inches, let me know if you want to stop by and see it.
 
Guest
Joined
Nov 7, 2005
Messages
3,600
I raced home tonight from work ;D

and....my vortech pump was delivered. I set it up, and it is AWESOME!!!

I had to crank the power down the Amphipods were swimming in the water column like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz - lol :D

It is at it's lowest setting right now as I don't really want the clown fish (my newest pair) to do any nose dives into the pump. Hee, hee I need - okay I want one another one for my 58g now. I will say will all the hoopla some of which I have joined in on ::) I am not so sure I really need a controller now. The flow is diffuse yet strong enough to move polyps (toadstool) around at the back of the tank. The flow is not as focused or concentrated as a maxi-jet either, but it does some serious water movement.
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2005
Messages
6,636
I got the battery Backup too. : 0) Hey I left you a message on your cell last night. did you get it?
 
Guest
Joined
Nov 7, 2005
Messages
3,600
I got it now.
 
Top