High Tide Aquatics

WAV and Neptune System Customer service

scuba71

Supporting Member
Has the Neptune Systems customer service gone down hill? I opened a ticket almost 7 days ago. The customer service rep replied the next day, and since then I've been given the silent treatment.

My issue has been around my WAV pumps not responding. I used to connect them to 1Link ports on the EB832. I ended up purchasing a separate 1Link module to rule out the EB832. Long an behold, neither are showing any sign of life.

Last edited:
Yeah, I am very disappointed, but also surprised that they've let it come to this level. From a great customer service team to the bottom of the barrel if not worse.

Wow. Check back in a couple months? If you don’t mind could you copy/paste the exchange here verbatim?

I think this is important to understand accurately. I’m pretty invested in Neptune stuff… but I’d rather spend as needed to move to a platform with good support on my own schedule, rather than have a no-support-for-mission-critical-stuff situation. In my opinion the premium we pay for reef equipment isn’t for circuit boards, plastic, and pumps, but for reliability and support.

This was a phone conversation. The support rep basically tried to troubleshoot the issue. She asked me to unplug both WAVs. She then reset the 1Link module. I then plugged in one WAV at a time separately. When this did not produce any results, she indicated, "unfortunately we are out of parts at this time. check back in a couple of months to see if we get it." I then asked a couple of months? For which part? She indicated this general for WAV parts. I proceeded to ask, can I buy a replacement, and she indicated they are out of stock and to check/call back in a couple of months. :mad:

This was a phone conversation. The support rep basically tried to troubleshoot the issue. She asked me to unplug both WAVs. She then reset the 1Link module. I then plugged in one WAV at a time separately. When this did not produce any results, she indicated, "unfortunately we are out of parts at this time. check back in a couple of months to see if we get it." I then asked a couple of months? For which part? She indicated this general for WAV parts. I proceeded to ask, can I buy a replacement, and she indicated they are out of stock and to check/call back in a couple of months. :mad:
Cra-zy!

Robert has the WAV pumps in stock, I thought Scuba said they're out of stock direct at Neptune when asking to order a replacement after not being able to get the part needed.

BRS/TSA/Aqua Cave or any of the other big online vendors aren't carrying them anymore or they're out of stock too. Must be a huge supply issue.

I have noticed WAV’s not being generally stocked for awhile now and really hard to find. I have one in operation and the other in storage in case I need it.

Question I have is for @scuba71 - do you think it is the WAV or the 1link? Just from the comment of -the rep reset the 1link and nothing happened..

Do you want to try mine and borrow until you get the parts needed (not selling due to shortage). -in Oakland.

Robert has the WAV pumps in stock, I thought Scuba said they're out of stock direct at Neptune when asking to order a replacement after not being able to get the part needed.

BRS/TSA/Aqua Cave or any of the other big online vendors aren't carrying them anymore or they're out of stock too. Must be a huge supply issue.
It could possibly be that they have decided to introduce a new product and have ceased production. However, I have always thought that, in normal circumstances, companies would maintain parts for three to five years after the new product is launched, to still offer support for the old product.

It could possibly be that they have decided to introduce a new product and have ceased production. However, I have always thought that, in normal circumstances, companies would maintain parts for three to five years after the new product is launched, to still offer support for the old product.

If they are -taking their time about it!
Personally I would like to see a smaller WAV.
They are fine on bigger tanks but on a 55 gal DT -they look “huge”

I have noticed WAV’s not being generally stocked for awhile now and really hard to find. I have one in operation and the other in storage in case I need it.

Question I have is for @scuba71 - do you think it is the WAV or the 1link? Just from the comment of -the rep reset the 1link and nothing happened..

Do you want to try mine and borrow until you get the parts needed (not selling due to shortage). -in Oakland.
For me, It's the WAV pump for sure. My Trident uses 1Link and I do not have any issues. The rep was just resetting to make sure the 1LINK module is able to communicate.

Why make the sky if it’s basically the same as the radion but doesn’t have the same name recognition/reputation and the same company owns both now?
Lots of rumblings online that the Sky is discontinued and so is the WAV. The former has been out of stock everywhere, and the latter the rumor is that since its Sicce made, hasn't had stock of repair parts for over a year? Given that guy was getting the same response this whole time it isn't looking good for "two months" from now.
I chatted with Robert at Neptune Aquatics, and he believes this is true. Eliminating redundant products.

Back