Cali Kid Corals

WAV pump

Until the magnets decides to die on you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
When do they typically die on you, from your experience? I've only had mine for a year so have no idea on how long it should last, but I've heard mostly positive reviews on ecotech's quality/durability.

I will say that one of my mp-40 was manufactured in 2006 (old box controller) and the other was 2011. They are a little loud at full power but work fine.

When do they typically die on you, from your experience? I've only had mine for a year so have no idea on how long it should last, but I've heard mostly positive reviews on ecotech's quality/durability.

on two accounts that they expanded during storage in non heated/exposed to sun. and those are after i soaked them in vinegar bath for cleaning and dried before I put them away.

Ecotech is has been pretty good about replacing failed out of warranty magnets IME.

How many people here are running lids and what do you consider an ideal tank temperature? My tank is barely running the heater, if at all, and yet runs a bit warmer than I’d like during parts of the day (79* F).
I always run lids unless it’s a hot area then I prefer net top. I run my tank at 76 so as to save on heating costs and it isn’t broken so I dont fix it. I think stability is inherently key for temp with a fairly wide range of acceptable temperature.
If you are going for max fish/coral growth then likely closer to 80 would be smart I have a hunch, but I’m definitely not running any races...
I also keep my temp a little lower so as to maybe slightly reduce the food needs of, and possible aggression between, my 5 large tangs.

I ended up getting the icecap 3k gyre. Was half the price so I’ll see how this works out. I’m trying out another one in my frag system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back