Cali Kid Corals

what happens if the originator of a DBTC doesn't continue it on Barcode?

One might ask what an incomplete dbtc link was doing at a swap, but maybe that's a question for another day.
Well if it was Randy (the link originator) that offered frags? I mean hell I'm sure Mike threw in a number of DBTC corals he was giving away that no one wanted as well.

One might ask what an incomplete dbtc link was doing at a swap, but maybe that's a question for another day.
My take is that this is a very common coral. I would hope efforts were made to put frags back into the he chain before it was swapped, but at the same time, I doubt it was one of only three corals that got entry into the swap. I would like to believe it was brought to the swap as extra since there were no takers for it elsewhere.

Seems like a completely honest oversight. And the result was giving a generous sized frag to another member of the BAR family, with the stated intention to continue it in DBTC as well.

Now that @dochou sees the original DBTC thread he can give back the frags he was planning to share in there and all is well.

I 100% agree that Randy can do whatever he wants with the frag. However, according to the posts in this thread, Randy was not the one who brought it to the swap.
Ahhh ok, re-read through the thread and think I pieced together what happened. Sorry I was focusing on the wrong individuals who who got what from the swap.

I do see that he offered frags in May, which was before the swap, but no one took him up on the offer, so he threw one into the swap. Now I've been in this boat myself where you have frags but no one wants them for whatever reason, and it does get frustrating. But one of his three frags went into the members swap, for a 2+ year old offering that no one wanted, so I don't see it as a terribly big deal. Some other member got the coral, all is good.

If anything I would question why it took over 2 years to offer back in. I mean I would understand some corals do take a long time to grow, but come on... digitata, I got some of this (not randy's strain) from a swap and it seemed it grew on every place that it touched.

While possibly true, I thought that it was ultimately up to the thread/chain starter to make rules and decide who does and doesn't get frags. And with that handy BARcode link, seems like it could be an easy way to check someone's "credentials" to see if they're worthy, where pre-BARcode I agree it was a royal pain for anyone to do so unless they also happen to watch every new DBTC thread, but post-BARcode it seems a solution exists, just don't give corals to someone you feel is abusing the system and it's a simple click or two away to see if that is in fact the case.

Although perhaps making it a bit easier to find said information, like clicking on the profile?

While possibly true, I thought that it was ultimately up to the thread/chain starter to make rules and decide who does and doesn't get frags. And with that handy BARcode link, seems like it could be an easy way to check someone's "credentials" to see if they're worthy, where pre-BARcode I agree it was a royal pain for anyone to do so unless they also happen to watch every new DBTC thread, but post-BARcode it seems a solution exists, just don't give corals to someone you feel is abusing the system and it's a simple click or two away to see if that is in fact the case.

Although perhaps making it a bit easier to find said information, like clicking on the profile?
I was going to suggest a link in profile too! I think that would be a nice integration if it's possible.

Yes, but I did not know about that feature till today. I'm guessing if I didn't know, most other do not know as well. A profile link would be helpful.

Ahhh ok, re-read through the thread and think I pieced together what happened. Sorry I was focusing on the wrong individuals who who got what from the swap.

I do see that he offered frags in May, which was before the swap, but no one took him up on the offer, so he threw one into the swap. Now I've been in this boat myself where you have frags but no one wants them for whatever reason, and it does get frustrating. But one of his three frags went into the members swap, for a 2+ year old offering that no one wanted, so I don't see it as a terribly big deal. Some other member got the coral, all is good.

If anything I would question why it took over 2 years to offer back in. I mean I would understand some corals do take a long time to grow, but come on... digitata, I got some of this (not randy's strain) from a swap and it seemed it grew on every place that it touched.
If you look at many of the DBTC threads, many don't get offered back at all or take 2 or more years to get offered back.
I had some problems with my tank and had alk swings, temps swings, low nitrate and phosphate problems. So sometimes I would get good growth then run into these problems and it would set the frags back. This led to slow or inconsistent growth. Not everyone is a rockstar at growing coral like you. You're correct I offered up the German Blue digis BEFORE putting them into the swap. It didn't even count towards the 3 minimum frags needed to enter the swap. I brought more than enough frag for the swap.
:p

Also, my original question never got answered.
For ex, nanocrazed gave me a rainbow pocillopora frag. He nevere created a Barcode for it (as far as I can see).
How do I continue this in BarCode? I've posted on his DBTC thread on this already.

Also, my original question never got answered.
For ex, nanocrazed gave me a rainbow pocillopora frag. He nevere created a Barcode for it (as far as I can see).
How do I continue this in BarCode? I've posted on his DBTC thread on this already.
Mike tried to answer your original post right away, and I answered more specifically later once more details were given.

First, search carefully for the DBTC in BARcode, and/or by looking at the thread for a posting by BARcode from when it was imported, which will have a link to the BARcode entry. If you can’t find it and you got it from someone still active, just ask them if there is a DBTC by PM. Most DBTCs by active members have been imported at this point I think.

If it isn’t in BARcode and there is a thread, it is easy for the originator or an admin to import it using the BARcode DBTC import tool.

After you either find it or someone imports it, you can be added like normal.

Why is it that after my post you suddenly have frags available?
Very simple answer. My tank is just starting to settle in and things are becoming stable. I've had issues with the tank on/off for the past year since I set it up. So now the corals are starting to grow. They are by no means big colonies. I'm just waiting for the corals to become the same size as the frags I received. I give the same size frag as I recieved.
@iani, I really don't see why you're picking on me anyways. Why are you being a bully??? Why so bitter?
Life's short, be happy.

Very simple answer. My tank is just starting to settle in and things are becoming stable. I've had issues with the tank on/off for the past year since I set it up. So now the corals are starting to grow. They are by no means big colonies. I'm just waiting for the corals to become the same size as the frags I received. I give the same size frag as I recieved.
@iani, I really don't see why you're picking on me anyways. Why are you being a bully??? Why so bitter?
Life's short, be happy.
I'm not picking on you, I am just stating the obvious. I'm not the only one that feels this way. DBCT is not about just taking, it's about giving as well. No bitterness here, people that know me know that I just don't tend to bite my tongue. I'm glad you finally started to put some DBCT items back into the system, I guess my post accomplished something.

I found that I went through a long “taking” period before I entered the giving phase. It’s a natural progression once thing start growing.

Back