Cali Kid Corals

What other hobbies do you have?

Wrenching, fixing things, watch collecting, restoring cars, and thinking of ways to retire early.

Some passion/interest but no time:
Wood working, flight sim, aviation, boating, scuba diving, car models, all things Pi and 3D printing and a bit more!! I wish I had mooore time!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JVU
Plants - orchids, ferns, carnivorous plants, succulents, bromeliads, etc.
Photography - landscape, astrophotography, portraits, and taking pics of plants and corals
Gym/swimming - when it was fully open...

Does retirement planning count as a hobby? Lol

Any tips for orchids? My fiancee can’t keep them alive with her black thumb....

Sign me up for either one now

I'm happy to host a blacksmithing/knifemaking day if there's 3-4 people interested. You'd need your own PPE like welding gloves, safety glasses etc. If you have a favorite hammer or two, punches, etc you can bring some tools. Have an anvil and forge, a bunch of thin mild steel stock to make some simple stuff like bottle openers & some knife steel too. If there is enough interest we can spawn a new thread.

I'm happy to host a blacksmithing/knifemaking day if there's 3-4 people interested. You'd need your own PPE like welding gloves, safety glasses etc. If you have a favorite hammer or two, punches, etc you can bring some tools. Have an anvil and forge, a bunch of thin mild steel stock to make some simple stuff like bottle openers & some knife steel too. If there is enough interest we can spawn a new thread.

I'm sold! I've been wanting to try for over a year now and was bummed when COVID hit since no shops were open. Just let me know when. My wife may be interested as well.

• UAVs - design and build autonomous UAVs for research and commercial applications
  • RC - Building and Flying Drones / fixed wing / helis
  • Mechatronics - building custom electromechanical systems for everyday stuff, now including the reefing hobby :)
  • Photography - Aerial, landscape, astro and wildlife
  • 3D printing - for everything above :p

2eb1d35251efeb8a4cbfc304f1fdb371.jpg
I love my BGE! I think of smoking on it as just life, not a hobby though.

• UAVs - design and build autonomous UAVs for research and commercial applications
  • RC - Building and Flying Drones / fixed wing / helis
  • Mechatronics - building custom electromechanical systems for everyday stuff, now including the reefing hobby :)
  • Photography - Aerial, landscape, astro and wildlife
  • 3D printing - for everything above :p
All super tech heavy....a real gear head!

Antique Mechanical music machines-cylinder and disc music boxes, small pipe organs, player reed organs
Orchids-You name it, I probably have it or have grown it.
cooking-I cook almost every day. No fun going out for a meal alone.
Shaving equipment, clocks, stained/leaded glass.

Reactions: JVU
Totally down for a knife making day, I haven't made a knife in a couple of years( since I lived in CO) but I would love to start up again.

Looks yummy!

Pizza made in my friend’s home pizza oven with my homemade polish sausage

34a5ed8b3b455d2d1b63133c2301be38.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That looks delicious! Would you mind providing the recipe for your polish sausage (or, if it's a secret, one that you enjoy)? I'd love to try making my own sausage, and I'm sad it's difficult to find polish sausage around here.

We're all here because of one shared hobby, but I'm curious what other hobbies everyone has!

My major ones:

• Cooking: food is tasty. I love trying, and making, new things. I also made friends with a local champion barbecuer, so I'll be focusing on upping my grilling and smoking game.
  • Baking: savory baking, mainly. Meat pies are some of the best things ever, fresh bread is delicious, and I want to learn the science behind it better.
  • Homebrewing: I did all-grain brewing for a few years, and am looking forward to getting back into it. Maybe I'll make a club batch if we're ever able to do a post-COVID club get-together.

Home brewing
Computer controlled Christmas light displays
Cooking & bbqing
Sailing

Hundred of hobbies so I cannot list them all :)
1. Reefing
2. Ponds
3. Japanese Gardens
4. Tea
5. Skiing
6. Scuba
7. Flying
8. Chicken Coops
9. Bee Keeping
10. Collecting Everything!
11. Gardening
12. Online Gaming